Best Settings for my low end pc

frenchfryguy

So I want to record minecraft at 720p 48fps or better ( I have done it before) but some days my recording is smooth and some days it is not.

My specs: AMD Athlon Silver 3050U with Radeon Graphics @ 2.30 GHz
4.00 GB (3.42 GB usable)
x64 system

Please tell me the best settings I can get (I know I won't get 1080p 60 fps lol and my pc is not up to todays standards)

I have already decreased my minecraft settings.

frenchfryguy

I wouldn't have high hopes but try the wizard You likely won't be able to do 720p30
The wizard is completely hopeless lol, I can do 720p 48fps some days but some days it doesn't work. I want consistant obs settings that actually look decent because I know I can get atleast somewhat better quality

Lawrence_SoCal

The wizard is completely hopeless lol, I can do 720p 48fps some days but some days it doesn't work. I want consistant obs settings that actually look decent because I know I can get atleast somewhat better quality
That doesn't mean the wizard is useless
You (nobody/nothing else) is responsible for understanding and monitoring your overall system resource usage. If OBS is working some of the time, then it is the rest of what is going on in your system that is causing the problem. either that, or your OBS settings are right at the edge of overloading your system and you've failed to provide enough of a buffer

An ultra-low power CPU, optimized for battery life, in a form-factor subject to thermal throttling, is not an ideal platform for the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding.
I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, Disk I/O, etc) utilization [for ex. using Task manager’s Performance tab and/or Resource Monitor] to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings. If you aren't doing this, then you are doing the equivalent of driving/riding blindfolded and complaining about running into things.
Then you need to consider thermal throttling (not always obvious/easy to detect), and your overall System (Operating System) optimization
ex. Do you have lots of Chrome/Edge tabs open consuming massive RAM? or lot so background processes/apps running unnecessarily? or lots of CPU consuming eye-candy turned on (recent WinOS defaults)?

frenchfryguy

That doesn't mean the wizard is useless
You (nobody/nothing else) is responsible for understanding and monitoring your overall system resource usage. If OBS is working some of the time, then it is the rest of what is going on in your system that is causing the problem. either that, or your OBS settings are right at the edge of overloading your system and you've failed to provide enough of a buffer

An ultra-low power CPU, optimized for battery life, in a form-factor subject to thermal throttling, is not an ideal platform for the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding.
I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, Disk I/O, etc) utilization [for ex. using Task manager’s Performance tab and/or Resource Monitor] to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings. If you aren't doing this, then you are doing the equivalent of driving/riding blindfolded and complaining about running into things.
Then you need to consider thermal throttling (not always obvious/easy to detect), and your overall System (Operating System) optimization
ex. Do you have lots of Chrome/Edge tabs open consuming massive RAM? or lot so background processes/apps running unnecessarily? or lots of CPU consuming eye-candy turned on (recent WinOS defaults)?
The only thing I have open is my game and obs. I've already disabled startup and background apps that use my computers processing power.
Also I understand my cpu sucks lmao. I can record perfectly fine with xbox game bar with 48 fps 1080p but I'd rather use OBS.