Best Editor For OBS Recording (audio specific)

Lorne.T

Anyone got recommendations for the best editor for OBS videos recorded with 2 separate audio tracks ( gaming and commentary).

i need the recording to show up as 2 separate audio tracks on the timeline, so I can make changes to each.

Any help out there?

rockbottom

I use Vegas Pro 14 & 17, Avidemux, Sound Forge Pro 11, all of them work great for me with all the recordings I make with OBS. I also record everything in MP4 as I have absolutely with no issues with OBS crashing. It only crashes when I make it crash....

Last edited:

Lorne.T

Thanks for the reply Vegas Pro seems a bit too complicated for my needs. I'm looking for something easier like iPhoto or Premiere Rush. I thought I'd see the two tracks on Rush, but I can only see them split when I click on channels, and can't seem to edit them separately.

rockbottom

Vegas does have a bit of a learning curve....

If you don't already have it installed, start with Avidemux. You can only edit on keyframes but that app is fantastic.

rockbottom

Most of my recordings are concerts. I'll pull my recording into Avidemux, trim it & then just re-mux it. Then I'll pull the re-mux into Vegas, sync up the 24-bit soundboard & render out the audio only. Then the re-mux & synced up board go to mkvMerge where I assemble everything. As long as I don't need to fix anything on the video track, I never touch it or re-render it.

Lorne.T

Thanks might give it a try. Just struggling here. Took ages to get my video at a decent recording rate, then when I did my game sound ending up sounding like it was recorded in a bucket! I thought recording to two tracks may help with editing , but can't get them both to show up separately .