Question / Help Bad streaming quality and different colors on Twitch with 1080p 60FPS and 5000 video bitrate settings

evdokimovm

I started my twitch channel but when doing some streams , I noticed that the quality is bad.

I have MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X, Ryzen 5 1600 @ Stock and 16Gb DDR4 works on 3000 Mhz.

The settings for streaming I choose in OBS is 1080p, 60fps, 5000 bitrate, encoder: Software x264

For example today I was try to stream Don't Starve Together which is definitely not difficult to hardware, that's game constantly 60fps (locally) but in stream it not smooth at all: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/293360052

Also I notice that colors/gamma are different (I mean darker than normal) from what I see on the monitor when play. So now it's uncomfortable to see this stream.

How to improve streaming quality? I want to streaming smoothly and without big difference in colors, lightings etc

Last edited:

DEDRICK

Set your Color Space to 709 and your Color Range to Partial, the rest of the color shift is unavoidable due to what's know as chroma subsampling

evdokimovm

Set your Color Space to 709 and your Color Range to Partial, the rest of the color shift is unavoidable due to what's know as chroma subsampling

I set Color Space to 709 and up bitrate to 6000 but result: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/293419908

I think it's still darker than in game (when playing myself locally) and the image as a whole is not good. Can you try to watch and say me what do you think about quality?

BTW, Is it possible that the problem occurs due to problems with my hardware? CPU or GPU

evdokimovm

You can go to 7800 for video bitrate and 160 for audio bitrate, from there you can only throw more cpu power at it and changing the x264 to lower presets like fast or medium to increase the quality.

But why some streamer with worst hardware than my, create streams with 3500 - 5000 bitrate and don't have this issue?

TryHD

most likely they have dedicated streaming pcs so they can use 100% of their cpu resources for encoding and don't need to spare some of it for the game.

evdokimovm

most likely they have dedicated streaming pcs so they can use 100% of their cpu resources for encoding and don't need to spare some of it for the game.

I can't stream games like Don't Starve Together with my CPU (R5 1600) with good quality but this game needs only 1.7+ GHz or better CPU (from System Requirements)

TryHD

I can't stream games like Don't Starve Together with my CPU (R5 1600) with good quality but this game needs only 1.7+ GHz or better CPU (from System Requirements)
what x264 preset do you use currently? try to set it to a slower preset to increase the quality