Question / Help Bad lag and low frame rate when streaming

rufflescheeto

Hey, I need help fixing lag and low frame rates while using OBS studio, I will make a disclaimer by saying I'm not all that knowledgeable with computers, so sorry if I come across as ignorant heheh

Last log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/xBaZB3tib1I5uGgo
Computer specs: i7-4800MQ cpu @ 2.70GHz, GTX 770M, 16GB ram

SO I'm trying to use OBS studio for art streams on Picarto.TV and I've experienced non-stop lagging in other running programs while streaming, even when I just have OBS running without streaming I'm getting lag. Streams are constantly disconnecting and the frame rate is awful no matter which settings I try adjusting.

CPU usage is pretty much always under 10% at the low video and output settings I'm using now, but GPU usage ranges from 30% to %100. I have aero disabled and only have the video bitrate set to 300 / max FPS set to 30 / base res set to 1280x720 / output res set to 852x480.

I've read in other posts that window/display capture can cause lag for a lot of people but that's the only way to stream photoshop with OBS so idk what other options I have or if there's a way to work around that

The internet service I have isn't that great, but I doubt it's what's causing my computer's performance to drop every time I start up OBS. I'll be moving to somewhere with better internet soon and hope it might at least help with my issues around keeping my streams connected to Picarto

I want to be able to use photoshop without lag and I'd like for my streams to at least be watchable, even if I have to keep them at a low resolution, I just need a consistent frame rate and stable connection to Picarto's servers. Thanks to anyone willing to offer any help or suggestions.

Last edited: