Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

I watched Michael Feyrer's video ( OBS Green Screen ) about this plugin and neither his color nor his outline flutters/bounces around like mine is doing. I tried the sliders but they don't have any effect on that issue. I'm not very good with OBS, so maybe it's a native OBS setting that needs changing. I'll upload a video to Mediafire for you to take look at when it's convenient. Thanks! Remove Background Flutter
I would like to help you with this question and don't claim to be an expert, but I can relate to what you're saying. I've done many attempts in my super small area, so I would experiment with lighting, distance from your camera and the color clothes your wearing along with the OBS settings. Also, know when enough is enough to. It also takes a lot of CPU power too. Like Michael says it's as good as zoom (after you figure it out), but zoom is so much easier. Good luck!

I guess I'm just going to buy a literal green screen background. I've seen streamers doing just fine with a custom greenscreen layout of some sort (sometimes with a fancy frame around their cam view), but I guess I'll never be one of them.

I guess I'm just going to buy a literal green screen background. I've seen streamers doing just fine with a custom green screen layout of some sort (sometimes with a fancy frame around their cam view), but I guess I'll never be one of them.
Well, I spent way too much time experimenting buying lights and a green screen in my preferred area to make videos, because it is too small. Now I go under a fluorescent light fixture with my iPhone recording it. I have a green screen in the back of me. I am not using my preferred gear on my computer, but it works for now. For my experimentations it appears to be doing well. It gives me even lighting in that small space. However, I would like to expand on that area in the future as it is really small too. I may or may not be able to with limited amount of space. I would spend a little bit of time with the Background Removal settings before I give up. Just not too much time. LOL. Also, calculate mask frame every x frame helps it to stay put, However, you really need to not move too much or you'll move in and out of the area that is covered. Good luck!

Max frame? I don't recall seeing that in the options. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway, I tried for 4 days to make the darn plugin work correctly, but it clips regardless of the segmentation model I choose and flutters relentlessly. I just want a "warm hug" like I see in streams on Twitch and such.

Max frame? I don't recall seeing that in the options. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway, I tried for 4 days to make the darn plugin work correctly, but it clips regardless of the segmentation model I choose and flutters relentlessly. I just want a "warm hug" like I see in streams on Twitch and such.
Well, that Max Frame feature is available for Mac. Their might be something available for Win. too? I don't know which computer you're on. If you're on a Mac, their "Keynote" that comes included in the Mac OS I just discovered has a virtual green screen included. After playing with it for a while it seems to be on par with zoom and the rest of them. I don't think any of them with technology at this point in time are perfect. I am not a streamer, but my other thought is maybe you should consider using the effects filters that you can download or come stock with OBS to simply change the look of your area that you're playing in? Be inventive maybe? If you still want a background remover then try a physical green screen. Not sure what you might have access to, but If you are in a big room I would get the green screen and get the necessary lighting. It just has to be even. You can get a green screen that fits nicely on your gaming chair and is not too expensive either. It's a big circle. I've actually seen people on youtube that will improvise a DIY green screen as OBS does a great job of taking whatever you have and fixing it like wrinkles and stuff. I would just watch some youtube videos for ideas. Good luck!

I discovered Prism Live Studio last night and it does a fantastic job of green-screening. It's a clone of OBS but a bit more streamlined and an easy GUI. Wonderful features. For some reason, all of the videos I made with it only have audio for some reason and I've not a clue as to why. LOL

It's great you discovered Prism Live. I googled it , but it's not available for the Mac. I do have a virtual PC, but if it require some horse power native to a PC I my not be able to use it? I would check your settings and keep looking on the internet to figure out no video. I did a test video recording on my iPhone and imported into OBS and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hear sound until I remembered that I needed to check audio monitor. To date I have put together only one video with OBS so currently I use it just to explore features. I knew about this, but forgot about it. LOL.

Hi there, thank you for sharing this post. Besides, you can use the background remover that I'm using named PicWish. It is a free online tool that you can use anytime for removing background.

Has anyone found success with the plugin while using OBS 28 on a Mac with the M1 chip?
I don't know if this helps, but I can't seem to use OBS past 27.2.4. on an intel Mac Monterey without crashing. It would close every time the first time I would close out a window. So 28 doesn't seem to work for me. Another thing I figured out how to instal BR in 27.2.4. and sooner, but I don't know how to install it past that. Do you know how? Well, I'm thinking it's my Mac configuration that isn't allowing 28 not to work, so if I do then with your help I will get BR working. The file structure seems to be different. I don't know where to install the files. Thanks.

Steve odessa

Hello Mr. Shilkrot, I was wondering if you could give me (us) some guidance on installing your
plugin on a Mac in a more recent version of OBS? Back in 27 I had taken lots of time trying to match up where your unzipped installer folders would go and it eventually worked! I was really proud of myself and typed my instructions here to help someone else, but it seems the newer versions of OBS does not seems to have the same folder structure or one seems to be missing. I am not at my Mac right now, so I think it's data, but am not sure. Can you or anyone on this board briefly tell me where the .so folder goes specifically and possibly the others . By now you can tell I'm not a programmer so any help would be appreciated. When I first tried it way back with the directions on the link it didn't work for me, so I'm not sure it would work again. Thanks for your time and plugin!

dsmith1966

Hello,
I'm using version 29.0.0 (64 bit) on Windows 10. After installing the plugin, it is not listed in the Filter dropdown menu. Are there plans to update this for newer versions of OBS? Thank you.
-david

Daves-not-here

Hello,
I'm using version 29.0.0 (64 bit) on Windows 10. After installing the plugin, it is not listed in the Filter dropdown menu. Are there plans to update this for newer versions of OBS? Thank you.
-david
Having the same issue here. Guess this is what I get for updating lol...

mhanna

Having the same issue here. Guess this is what I get for updating lol...
I am using the latest OBS on a MAC and after upgrading to the latest OBS and the latest background removal plugin - the plugin is not being shown in my options to apply to my Video Capture Device. This is on a MAC

dany_k

OBS Studio crashes when I install this plugin.

Don't know why it is still available for download. It should be removed.

ddflink

Hi, I'm trying to use this plugin in 29.0 with a webcam clone (for a separate scene) and the background removal only shows up in the audio filter (the clone doesn't have an A/V Filter) is there a way to get the background removal filter in the effects filter?