Avoid Windows 11 22H2 update

greatatlas

Thank you for the info. I have been getting issues where my streams/recordings would drop, but OBS would still think it was recording.

I am on the OBS 28.1 beta now with no issues with 22H2. Does that solve the issues you were seeing also?

Lawrence_SoCal

That is my take on WIn11 at this point. Fortunately, I don't have a PC (CPU) that would benefit from the new kernel scheduler, so I'm sticking to WIn10 while WIn11 continues Microsoft's every other desktop OS cadence of the last 20+ years
MS latest updates broke some significant functionality in the corporate world... MS really needs to get their act together and clean up this PoS...

N7Steph

Long story short, just awful. I'm not a programmer but clearly OBS v28.0.3 does not play nice with Windows 11 22H2. Just avoid that update until the two are able to figure each other out in future updates. Woof.
Avoid it at all costs....i was not able to stream any games due to the update...encoder overload issues stupid high CPU issues, low FPS drops and nvidia issues as well...i ended up having to do a fresh install of Windows 11 21H2 and had to reinstall a TON of stuff...am still considering going back to windows 10 just to be safe...i just dont want to have to reinstall everything..again...

Chip_Brewster

I'm sure an update to 22H2 will address the issues (they may have already released such an update). I simply made the mistake of jumping on 22H2 the moment it came out. I'll try again in a few weeks.

DjVibz

I agree, I recently downgraded to Windows 10 twice, I conducted 2 experiments when it came down the previous version 28.0.3, it deleted my cpu and graphics card drivers and ran OBS on the 22H2 update for Windows 11, with and without the updates, I was having a strange lag, even just screen recording, when my computer was doing no work at all, but here's the thing I downgrade to Windows 10 and I record smoothly, no lag, no glitch screens, nothing. With the new update I'm going to see if it has been fixed or if it hasn't, if someone has done this before me can you let me know your final verdict, thanks. If not I'll update you all soon.

DjVibz

I agree, I recently downgraded to Windows 10 twice, I conducted 2 experiments when it came down the previous version 28.0.3, it deleted my cpu and graphics card drivers and ran OBS on the 22H2 update for Windows 11, with and without the updates, I was having a strange lag, even just screen recording, when my computer was doing no work at all, but here's the thing I downgrade to Windows 10 and I record smoothly, no lag, no glitch screens, nothing. With the new update I'm going to see if it has been fixed or if it hasn't, if someone has done this before me can you let me know your final verdict, thanks. If not I'll update you all soon.
To my surprise, the test proved successful, OBS records properly on Windows 11, hopefully this won't happen again with this operating system