Question / Help Automatic scene transitions?

gtrfrk92

Hello!

I'm pretty new to OBS so I have not been able to explore it fully, but is there a way to create automatic transitions between scenes like an auto-follow cue in QLab? So the scene would only last as long as the Video/Media Source in the scene, then transition into the next scene? Any help/guidance is appreciated, thank you!

gtrfrk92

It's amazing what a little searching on YouTube will turn up...whoops hahaha I found a YouTube video explaining how to do it for anyone who needs it! He starts explaining it about 3 minutes in!

bestfootie

I'm not sure if this helps anybody. I'm fairly new to OBS myself but I got confused. During one very long recording I was making, I happened to have pressed studio mode and I was moving between scenes and unbeknownst to me (because I had an element that was covering the projection second screen), I didn't realise, so none of my transitions came out.

If it wasn't covering it I would have realised so I don't know this if this is going to be relevant to anybody.

But for me I realised my problem was simply because I was in studio mode and therefore when I was moving between scenes I needed to click transition (which I wasn't going and so no transitions took place). However, if you're in normal mode, it should transition automatically between scenes, which is exactly what I wanted it to do.