Auto scene switch after a specified time if the image on the current scene or object does not change.

Yulian Min

Hey!
Sorry if I am writing a post in the wrong section or if I ask a question for which there is already a topic, since I do not speak English well and therefore have some difficulties in searching the forum.

Can you please tell me how to set up an advanced automatic scene switch (or a standard switch) so that the scene switches to another if the image does not change in a certain time on the current scene or on the current object (for example, screen capture)?

As I understand it, some kind of detecting tool is needed here, which will compare frames with the previous ones, and as long as the image does not change, an "imaginary" countdown will work, after which the scenes will switch. Or, if the image changes during this time, the countdown will start from the beginning.

Thank you for your attention!

Lawrence_SoCal

Yes, I have this plugin. My question is also about its capabilities: is it possible to do this in this plugin?
I believe so, though not something I've tried to do with the plug-in (I use it for other features). I'd recommend reading the more recent conversation in the plug-in's thread as something much like you are asking was part of recent discussion

Warmuptill

Yes, I have this plugin. My question is also about its capabilities: is it possible to do this in this plugin?
Yes, this is possible using the advanced scene switcher.
Here is a short description on how to set up an automated scene switch if the output of a video source has not changed for a specified duration.

I assume the plugin is installed so let's open the settings.
To do so go Tools -> Advanced Scene Switcher.
OpenPlugin.png

You will end up on the "General" tab of the plugin.
Here we can make sure that the plugin is running by clicking the "Start" button if necessary.

StartPlugin.png

Next we switch to the Macro tab to set up our automated scene switch. (1)
Here we add a new macro by clicking the plus symbol on the lower left (2) and enter a name for our new macro.

MacroTab.png

Now we have to add the condition we want to trigger the automated scene switch by clicking the corresponding plus symbol (1) and selecting the type of the condition we want to use (2).
As we want use video based scene switching we select the type "Video".

VideoCondition.png

The next step is to configure the settings of this condition.
We select the video source we want to monitor (1) and the type of monitoring we want to take place (2).
For this particular use case we choose "hos not changed".
Finally we add the time constraint by pressing the small clock icon (3).

VideoConditionSettings.png

For the time constraint we specify the type of constraint (1) we want to choose and specify the duration (2).
In this case we select "For at least" and "3 seconds".

TimeConstraint.png

As a last step we have to specify the action that has to be performed if the condition we specified above is true.
To do this we have to add a new action to our macro by pressing the plus button in the lower middle of the macro tab.

AddAction.PNG

The default action that is chose is already our desired one - "Switch scene" - so we do not have to adjust the type of the action.
However we have to select the scene we want to switch to (1) the transition type we want to use (2) and the duration of the transition (3).
(The duration can be left at "0" to use whatever is configured as the current transition duration)

SwitchSceneSettings.PNG

Now everything should be set up and the scene should be switch accordingly.

Hope that helps! :)

Yulian Min

I believe so, though not something I've tried to do with the plug-in (I use it for other features). I'd recommend reading the more recent conversation in the plug-in's thread as something much like you are asking was part of recent discussion
Thanks for the advice, I read some interesting things there too!)