Question / Help Audio/Video desync after 1hr-1.5 hours of streaming

clo5ure

I have a repeating issue while streaming on Twitch where my audio and video desync after about 1-1.5 hours of streaming. Viewers have told me the audio and video quality are just fine but after some time they drift and the audio eventually lags behind my video.

Here's what I've tried so far:
  1. Unchecked "Use Device Timestamps" under properties for Desktop Audio
  2. Set the "Sample Rate" in Audio settings to match the sample rate for my speakers in Windows sound control panel
  3. Updated OBS Studio to 23.2.1 (I was on 23.1.0 for my most recent stream)
I've attached my latest log file and from what I can tell (I'm no audio expert) there seems to be a consistent "adding XX milliseconds of audio buffering" which I'm guessing is the delay but I'm not sure why it's happening and how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• 2019-06-24 15-29-53.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

orboe

Out of curiosity, when you say "audio and video desync", do you mean all audio or like just your voice/just the game?

I had this issue a long time ago. I fixed it with the timestamp for desktop audio. But for me, the audio for my mic was fine. Just the game sounds were off.

clo5ure

Out of curiosity, when you say "audio and video desync", do you mean all audio or like just your voice/just the game?

I had this issue a long time ago. I fixed it with the timestamp for desktop audio. But for me, the audio for my mic was fine. Just the game sounds were off.

The audio from my microphone and video from my webcam desync. No gaming involved with my stream.

You can see it here.

orboe

Thanks for the quick reply. Interestingly enough, my wife and I just started learning Korean about two weeks ago. Anyway, I will check it out and get back to you as soon as I can.

clo5ure

Thanks for the quick reply. Interestingly enough, my wife and I just started learning Korean about two weeks ago. Anyway, I will check it out and get back to you as soon as I can.

Hah, that's awesome! Thanks in advance and good luck!

orboe

Thank you!

I did notice something in when watching the clip here.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/444625751

I watched at 1 hour and 30 minutes where you were playing music and the mouth movement looks like it is correct with the sound. Even when they clap in the video it syncs up. But earlier your mouth is not with the webcam. So it looks like it is not the desktop and only your webcam vs your microphone. That can be caused by several different issues. I am testing around with my own setup trying to get my audio to do the same thing at the moment.

Edit: You can see desktop is in sync even clearer if you watch that clip at about 1 hour 26 minutes when the young lady is stacking and unstacking the cups.

Last edited: