Bug Report Audio not recorded

labombillamedia

I recorded a video with OBS, but when I open the file with VLC (or similar software) it appears to be no audio. I can't explain what happened.

The audio source was connected to the computer. I saw the level bars moving. I heard the audio monitoring. And the source was set on track 1, the same track as the recording settings.

The output settings were: H264 AVC Encoder / 1920x1080 @ 30 fps / 128 audiobitrate / 44.1kHz stereo / Filetype: .flv + .mp4 conversion.

Any explanation? What could have happened?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 2019-12-07 14-14-48.txt
    98 KB · Views: 19

Narcogen

15:47:53.889: warning: Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
15:47:53.889: warning: Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
16:21:57.523: error: error in spectral data, ESC overflow
16:21:57.523: Error decoding audio
16:21:57.882: error: error in spectral data, ESC overflow
16:21:57.883: Error decoding audio

Can't say I know what it means, but the above log lines look to me like your problem.

If you encode with x264 and simple output mode, does the same result happen?

labombillamedia

Thank you for answering!

I’ll try encoding with x264, but in previous recordings I have encoded with the setup previously mentioned and it performed well. Previous recordings (even the same day) with the exact same settings. I don’t understand what happened.

Additionally, OBS didn’t send me any error message. The app is writing the error on the logfile but it doesn’t inform me. Why?

Last edited: