Audio Mixer Missing

Champion

When I go into OBS my audio mixer does not show. When I make sources and displays it still does not come up. I ask that you give my support in my problem. Thank you.

scaesare

So this just bit me yesterday with a fresh install of OBS v. 27.0.1 on Win10.

Using OBS to record as well as provide virtual camera input to a Zoom session. I used Virtual Audio Cables to route the audio in to Zoom.

Pretty simple setup, 3 scenes:
  1. Blackout frame with no audio
  2. Title screen consisting of a PNG image and a looping local mp3 file for audio
  3. Camera scene consisting of a USB video source and USB audio source

I setup the monitor device to be the virtual audio cable input, so I could route that to the Zoom session.

Tested fine several times... and was recording away until the moment the live session was to start. Transitioned to my black frame, and audio disappeared.

However, not only did the meters disappear in the GUI, no audio at all was being played/routed. It's like the entire OBS audio engine died. Restaring OBS didn't help. Re-adding the audio sources didn't help. It didn't appear there were any active audio sources at all.

Today, I trued the Reset UI trick mentioned above, and now it's all back. But this didn't appear to be just UI glitch... the entire audio chani had failed.

Is this the same behavior others have seen? Is it a known bug?

I have a log file from the event if useful... but it doesn't seem to shed much light....

Thanks.