Question / Help Audio Lag High Sierra/OBS

knopf55

Finished enough youtube fix it videos to last a lifetime, trying the forum now. Running OBS lastest v. for High Sierra on my 13" macbook pro, see attached screenshot of system. I'm using OBS to stream live played music thru a mixer, and then into OBS via USB. I know USB has latency problems, read on please.

The audio is lagging, like one slap back - streaming or just recording, it's all the same. It is only in OBS, I can set up audio in Logic Pro X and it's perfect. Also, I just tested with everything disconnected. So no ext. mics, no ext. output, unplugged the mixer connection (USB). just the onboard mic with headphones and it's still there. Nothing in midi setup, in system preferences just the inbuilt speakers/mic functioning, that's all that's recognized in OBS.... and still the one time echo. What I mean exactly is I can snap my fingers, hear it acoustically of course, but thru the headphones I hear it with (I'm estimating here) a 500ms delay. If I can't fix it I have to ditch OBS, but I know there's a lot of people using it successfully to stream. thanks in advance

Attachments

• screen-systemonmacbook.jpg
    screen-systemonmacbook.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 29