Audio issues on Acer Nitro 5 using Avermedia Live Mini GL310

chrisdeez89

Hey everyone, first time poster.

I've just got an Acer Nitro 5 and am having major audio issues with OBS. I use an Avermedia Live Mini capture card that has always worked perfectly well recording my ps5 via my old Lenovo laptop, but the Nitro seems to have brought up a major audio issue.

I'm using the exact same sources as before but I'm getting serious underwater/distant audio when recording. I've played with settings, sources, outputs, latency etc for hours and I can't fix it. I tried testing the sound just listening to it via OBS (without hitting record) but the issue persists. My sources are as follows:

Video capture - Live Mini
Audio input - Live Mini
Video capture - external webcam

I've tries muting/disabling them in various configurations to try and isolated the issue, but still no luck.

Any help is much appreciated!

AaronD

Windoze tries to be so "smart" with audio that it ends up being stoopid. It's the only operating system that most of the serious audio production software has special audio drivers for (ASIO), to just bypass the whole mess and talk directly from app to hardware. Mac and Linux are sensible as they are and don't need that.

Unfortunately, OBS doesn't support ASIO drivers (to my knowledge), so you have to go into Windoze's settings and manually disable a bunch of stuff. Actively look for ways that it's trying to be smart (some are hard to find: look through ALL the settings, read the labels, and think for a minute about what they might actually mean), and tell it to be dumb and do nothing in as many ways as you can find.