Question / Help Audio Input Capture Has No Audio

TheXyPod

Hey All,
I recently took a break from streaming, and when I went to go live tonight, I have run into a problem tonight that has me pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. My audio from my sound card box is just not getting through to OBS. I add a Audio Input Capture, select my input, and... nothing. No audio is coming through. I tried on another audio program (FL Studio) and it seems to be working fine there. In the log, I'm seeing a lot of "audio_monitor_init: Failed to get device: 80070490" and I suspect that has something to do with it, but I don't know what it means. Hopefully someone can help me make sense of this, it's beyond frustrating. Thanks in advance!

For what it's worth I'm using an Edirol UA-101 (it's pretty old, but it was working fine a month ago)

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/lZdO2VCuxJ-8-sAG

carlmmii

Seems like you're running into the issue described here.

If you recently performed a windows update (which it looks like you have, being on 1909), I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your UA-101 drivers and see if the problem persists.

TheXyPod

Well, I've made some progress. I uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers for a few of my audio devices and the UA-101 is initializing... but I'm still not able to get the meter to move. Another odd thing is, I can't even get my headset through to OBS. I'm definitely thinking an update is the culprit. I will admit, I haven't used this computer for much over the last month or so... so I'm certain there were many Windows updates I didn't keep up with. I was going to attempt a rollback, but it seems like since my last update was over 10 days ago, I'm no longer able to. Is there anything else I should be eyeing in the log?

New log: https://obsproject.com/logs/yj_7VN-GCmgBeTPs

TheXyPod

In case anyone stumbles onto this, I found the issue. Windows turned off ALL my mic inputs via the privacy settings.

Fixed by Start Menu > (type) "Privacy" > Microphone > "Allow Microphone Access To This Device" > Change (make sure this is "On") > Restart OBS

I really loathe Windows updates.

genrekowski

In case anyone stumbles onto this, I found the issue. Windows turned off ALL my mic inputs via the privacy settings.

Fixed by Start Menu > (type) "Privacy" > Microphone > "Allow Microphone Access To This Device" > Change (make sure this is "On") > Restart OBS

I created an account just to thank you. I had been messing around my setup for a few hours not knowing what the hell I was doing wrong. Lo and behold, my Mac disabled the mic on OBS in the privacy settings for some strange reason. I've enabled it and now it works.

Thank you again for following up. You've saved me some additional stress.

mclee1004

I just did the same as genrekowski and created an account just to say thanks! Thank you for mentioning this!!!! I've also been trying and trying to get audio-in to work in Win 10 (not only in OSB, but also other apps) getting to the boiling point. For no apparent reason it stopped working. It was not only the mic, but also most of the hardware audio-inputs that were silent because of this ridicilous "privacy" thing. Thank you Thank you!

Boomer11

I have also created an account to thank you for this post. Wasted 3 hours today looking for a solution and sure enough, privacy had blocked access to the mic! All power to your post!

phildrum

Hallelujah!!!!!! Thank you so much for this fix!!!! I nearly had no hair left!!

Kaori

Thank you TheXyPod!

Vdjsparrow

Ehy
I created an account just to thank you. I had been messing around my setup for a few hours not knowing what the hell I was doing wrong. Lo and behold, my Mac disabled the mic on OBS in the privacy settings for some strange reason. I've enabled it and now it works.

Thank you again for following up. You've saved me some additional stress.
My windows 10 doesn't have audio input capture how do I go about it

soundflix

BROTHER I CANT THANKYOU ENOUGH...... IT WORKED....

9DMBeats

Same as all, registered to say thanks. Just had to buy a 2nd audio interface (M-Audio Solo) in addition to my Focusrite Scarlett so I can route audio from FL Studio (including real time vocal recording with fx)... FL Studio using Focusrite driver, outs of Focusrite Scarlett going into ins of M-Audio, M-Audio to OBS. Finally got the cables and was getting no audio, audio permissions fixed it. Thanks!

Jacuzzi820

I too made an account just to thank you, seriously appreciate it, was stuck on this for days and I was starting to wonder if I had got a faulty capture card, have a good week