Question / Help audio drift

weslowsk

I'm experiencing audio drift when recording with OBS and I'm wondering how I can resolve it. I attached the log file from my recording attempts.

My video source is an IP camera (Hikvision) that I'm connecting to via RTSP over my LAN wifi.
My audio source is the line-in on my computer, coming from an audio mixer which is receiving audio from various microphones.

The video is delayed by about 1.75 seconds so in my OBS settings I configure an audio delay of 1.75 seconds. I've tested this amount of delay with a very short video recording (i.e. 10-20 seconds) and the audio is perfectly synchronized with the video. However, whenever I have a longer recording (i.e. 10-45 minutes), the audio drifts out of sync between 500 and 1000 ms and the amount of lack of synchronization is not consistent throughout, hence the term audio drift...it drifts back and forth gradually. Actually, I don't know if it's the video or the audio that's drifting. Regardless, they're drifting with respect to each other. To fix this, I have to do an inordinate amount of video editing just to get the audio and video to sync.

I've tried a number of things (setting both camera and OBS to "constant" bit rate as opposed to "variable" bit rate, setting FPS on both OBS and the camera to 30, changing the bit rate from 1024 Mbps to 8192 Mbps, setting the audio sampling to 48 Khz) and none of them have made a difference with the audio drift.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-04-07 18-31-21.txt
    118.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: