Question / Help Audio Detected By OBS But Not Sent To Stream Or Recording

fish866

The Issue: Capture card audio is not being sent to stream

I have two capture cards (AVer Live Extreme and AVer ExtremeCap U3) plugged into my computer. In OBS, the audio meters move accordingly to the audio being played through both capture cards. If I go into the mixer and select Advanced Audio Properties, I can enable monitoring and hear the correct audio playing on each capture card. However, when I start streaming and/or start recording, none of the audio from the capture cards can be heard in the stream or recording. I can, however, hear Desktop Audio audio just fine through the stream and recording. I'm currently enabling monitoring on my capture cards and sending Desktop Audio to stream to circumvent this issue.

Troubleshooting So Far:
  • Confirmed that the audio for the capture cards is enabled on all 6 tracks and have tried selecting different tracks to send to stream and recording
  • Restarted stream computer
  • Used different USB3.0 ports
  • I have two laptops and one camera. I've plugged all three devices into both capture cards and was able to monitor the audio fine.
Logs: https://obsproject.com/logs/RCFrRaIveJvijBBk
https://obsproject.com/logs/TD_thjI6zzRL-z4a

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help!

Narcogen

Check track assignments in Advanced Audio Properties, then check which track is set to output in the Stream tab.

fish866

As mentioned in my list of troubleshooting, I did check that already. I tried streaming on all 6 tracks.

Capture.PNG

Narcogen

You've assigned all devices to all tracks, and you're streaming track 2. Track 2, and thus the streaming output, would contain all devices. If it does not, it means that OBS is not receiving audio from that device.

15:39:32.149: Max audio buffering reached!
15:39:32.149: adding 1021 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 1044 milliseconds (source: AVer U3)

16:14:21.995: Max audio buffering reached!
16:14:21.995: adding 998 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 1044 milliseconds (source: EXTREME)

At these points in your stream something is overloading the PC such that audio from this device is now delayed by more than a full second. It could be CPU overload, or it could be too much activity from devices connected to a single USB controller. You might try USBView and see if your cam and your capture device are using the same controller, which may be overloading it.

15:52:47.644: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 14193 (43.0%)
15:56:09.617: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 664 (13.2%)

Your connection also cannot keep up with your selected bitrate.

fish866

Thanks for the tips! I guess my controller was overloaded since audio started coming through after I unplugged all unnecessary peripherals. According to USBView I do have a second USB controller connected somewhere on my computer but i tired plugging things into every USB port I could find and nothing showed up on it ‍♂️ oh well, at least everything works now. Thanks again!