Audio desync on multitrack recording different after each recording on OBS

SlickNoob

Hey everyone! So I have some problems with my audio after recording on OBS. Every recording on OBS yields a different result. Here is the list of problems.

• PROBLEM: Inconsistent audio/video desync. Multiple instances of me adding a delay onto an audio input to get it to line up with the video, and then next recording or when I restart OBS or when I restart my computer or whatever, the delay is a DIFFERENT amount and doesn't line up anymore. I haven't done a long enough recording yet to see if the desync drifts over time or not within the same recording. In my short recordings to test sync, I've noticed that the audio is often drifting between +2 to -2 frames off. So with streaming at 30FPS, that would be like 60ms-ish in the worst case observed scenario.
Audio Advanced Settings
AudioAdvancedSettings.png

Audio that has wavelength Delay
AudioWavelengthDelayed.png

• PROBLEM: Audio desync between tracks. For example, MIC (BRIDGE CAST) input is being sent to Track 1 (Stream Mix) and Track 3 (Solo Microphone). So in theory, they should match up because they are the same source, just being recorded twice onto separate tracks. But for some reason, they are not lined up. One is earlier or later than the other, and the amount they're offset by appears to change, probably related to problem #1. Same issue for the other sources like GAME audio. GAME audio has it's own input in OBS so I can record just that on it's own track, but the GAME audio track does not line up with the STREAM MIX audio track, which has GAME audio coming through it as part of the Bridge Cast. Also, I would say that most of the time, neither track is perfectly lined up with the video either.

For clarification the bridge cast(external audio mixer by Roland) has all audio from stream (ie. TTS, Bit alerts, music, system audio, alerts INCLUDING Game audio) and then I also have game audio alone as a source in OBS that also comes from bridge cast, but you won't hear if an alert is played. This is done so that if an alert/ sound bit is played during an important moment in game is played, I can go back into the stream and isolate the moment without having to worry about the alert ruining the moment.

Things that have been tried that did NOT help:
  • Tried uncheck/recheck device timestamps again
  • Made sure all audio devices are set to the same sampling rate (48khz in OBS)
  • Checked the Bridge Cast sample rate itself
  • Uninstalled/Reinstalled Bridge Cast App and Drive with making sure that correct version were installed
  • Tried to make a whole new OBS scene collection/profile. Like start from scratch. If there's still audio desync on a new profile, to try to isolate the problem
  • Tried turning off and on again (LOL)
If there is anymore clarifications that you need, feel free to ask. Also I have included a stream log from last night as well from OBS if there's something in there that might be of help. Whatever you need to help me, I will send and thank you so much for any help.

Attachments

• 2024-01-03_19-03-35.txt
    916.1 KB · Views: 10

AaronD

OBS itself doesn't have variable latency, but individual source devices certainly can!

I had a set of 4 cheap HDMI -> USB capture devices on one rig, and they were always off by different amounts compared to each other, every time I turned the rig on. Replacing them with a 4-input PCIe card fixed both that and the picture quality.

Audio is separate in that rig, so of course variable latency in the picture caused the audio to de-sync with it. I'm still using the exact same audio gear, and it's rock-solid with the PCIe video inputs.