Bug Report Audio Desync in recorded file when using "Automatically record when streaming".

DrewDoesThings

I was just now retooling my OBS Studio settings to incorporate some settings recommendations by EposVox (https://youtu.be/9fxLPBT3JeI). After messing around with settings, I would stream to my test Twitch account and record a file at the same time using the "Automatically record when streaming" setting. However, when watching back the recorded file, the audio would be desynced by a few seconds.
Upon further inspection, the first "stream" audio track (having microphone and system sounds together) was delayed, however the 2 other audio tracks (1 for microphone, 1 for system sounds; useful for editing) were not desynced. I thought it had something to do with the new combination of encoding settings. I had previously used x264 for streaming, and the New NVENC for recording; which was now New NVENC for both streaming and recording. However, after some testing and setting-swapping again, it still didn't fix the desync issue.
Eventually, I decided not to stream, and only record. It worked! The recorded file's audio tracks were all in sync. So after more testing, I found out that if I press "Start Streaming" with the "automatically record" option, which starts recording and streaming at the exact same time, the recording will have desynced audio, regardless of encoding settings. However, if I start recording first, then start streaming a few seconds later, neither the Twitch VOD nor the recorded file have desynced audio.

I could just live with individually pressing record and stream, however the "automatically record stream" option is a good peace-of-mind feature, I would really like to get this sorted out.

Attachments

• 2019-06-07 05-37-47.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 25