ATEM Mini or OBS causing video input to freeze???

Raymond Reise

Hi guys hope someone can share some light to me. or some type of knowledge to try and diagnose what could be a missfire on my behalf.

Last sunday with my brand new atem mini, I was using a sony a73 going through an HDMI cable extender via Ethernet cable, 20 mts aproximately, this config has not given me problems before but when ussing the atem mini it did freeze the video (about 4 times in my 2 hours program recording at a venue) and also stoped the audio , wich was going to my obs via a different source (a mixer via USB).
I was thinking this could be due to the extreme heat we were experiencing at the venue since it was on the open here in one of the hottest cities in Mexico, but my sony camera did not experienced overheating which was my biggest concern, also my pc did not overheated either since I placed a big fan to keep us cool enough.

So I´m struggling to pin pont what was the real cause of this interruptions which where only remediated when disabling and enabling the atem from my video source right in obs, after that, the video feed and the audio (from my mixer) also came back.

Could anyone here to share some knowledge?? Thanks guys!

coopa

Had the same problem. Try putting it on a laptop cooling fan. That seemed to fix it. They run super hot