Question / Help ATEM MINI OBS Audio Stops and Does Not Return

seminartechs

I am having this same issue, with both the ATEM Mini and ATEM Mini Pro ISO, and with different window laptops (Via USB-C Cable).

The solution that has worked, although it's not great, is to capture the feed via the HDMI out instead of via the USB connection. But this is a temp fix for a deeper issue obviously. It also requires you to use some sort of HDMI to USB capture card (I'm using a cheap $20 amazon stick.)

Today I will setup and record what I'm doing in order to replicate this issue and in hopes black magic might have some advice. I'll post my results here. :D

~ Robert

jacobsung

My church is having the same issue, where ATEM mini pro (aka blackmagic micrphone) will work for some time but will die with zero audio coming thru OBS. Restarting OBS in the middle of the stream fixes it but it messes up the whole streaming with lost data.

I am a bit concerned to upgrade to OBS Studio 26.1 RC. Does it really fix it?
What other workaround do I have? Direct stream from ATEM?

ATEM mini pro iso 8.5.3 + OBS Studio 26.0.2 + Windows 10 + Dell Alienware

seminartechs

The only solution I've found, that works every time, is to completely skip the USB "webcam" connection from ATEM to OBS, and instead use the HDMI out of the ATAM mini and ATEM Mini Pro into a capture card, into OBS. In this scenario it NEVER drops the audio.

But for some reason, when using the USB connection, it will randomly drop the audio, making it completely unreliable for professional livestreaming. Very frustrating because then I lose my preview monitor option.

Any one else find a solution?

I've upgraded the power of my laptop, I have tried multiple expensive USB C cables, I've tried USB-C to USB-A conversion incase it's the port, I've made sure my ATEM and OBS is completely up to date, etc. My window USB drivers are up to date etc.

Is there some way to track the window's system, like a log file on a website server, that perhaps might record some sort of USB audio error before dropping the audio between the device and the software? I'm not tech savvy enough to understand this.

GrandArtBallet

Is your problem completely resolved with OBS 26.1?
With OBS 26.1 problem stayed. But now, with OBS 26.2 and ATEM 8.6 looks promising. :) Still testing. In Atem support several month ago they said that I need to use at least OSX Catalina. But I can hardly believe that was the problem. We will see.

TeaW

Possible solution: I came across this issue as well with no apparent cause. It wouldn't last more than a few minutes before cutting out.

After trying a few different thigs (including things mentioned on this thread) I found that the ATEM had been selected by windows as it's default recording device. After going into Control Panel and changing the default recording device to something else it appears to have stopped cutting out for me. Not sure if there's anything to be done if the ATEM is you're only device, but if this helps someone then all the better.

Attachments

• AtemNotDefault.png
    AtemNotDefault.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 91

Turner1

Possible solution: I came across this issue as well with no apparent cause. It wouldn't last more than a few minutes before cutting out.

After trying a few different thigs (including things mentioned on this thread) I found that the ATEM had been selected by windows as it's default recording device. After going into Control Panel and changing the default recording device to something else it appears to have stopped cutting out for me. Not sure if there's anything to be done if the ATEM is you're only device, but if this helps someone then all the better.
Is this solution still working for you?