Question / Help ATEM Mini - No audio option when adding Video Capture Device

Lilkb24

My problem was that obs didn’t have microphone access from my Mac. Once I gave it access, I went into sound preferences and changed the input setting to the black magic input. That fixed my issue.

No, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with a noise gate. There's no plugin running. I started a brand new computer, brand new OBS and the problem is there. Thank you for trying to find a solution. You're very kind.

User19800317

Hello, thank you for trying to understand the problem.
I will try to describe:
I am an audio studio recording technician.
The sound I hear on OBS, which comes from Atem Mini Pro is not clipping, not distorted by high volume. I carefully adjusted audio source on Atem Software control and volume to "line" and plugged on my main mixer, where all other equipment of the studio is centered. When listening through the Atem Mini pro HDMI output, the sound is crystal clear for music, just like any piece of equipment. But the sound which goes to OBS ( through the USB-C to USB 3 laptop ) is distorted. I never heard something like that before. It looks like the sound is trembling, like we listened on old tape systems, ( wow and tremble ), it´s not stable, perhaps a bitrate or resolution issue changing constantly. In low passages of the music, practically, you can´t hear any sound, but in loud passages, it somehow pass through and reach almost 0 dB, but still distorted. The singers voice become almost uncognized. I wish I could ( Perhaps later ) send a sample of the sound. I tried to fix it for 48 hours already messing, and trying several things, uninstalling OBS and Atem software, reinstalling everything... installing an old OBS version... didn´t solve the problem. The image is ok, no problem whatsoever. OBS detect Atem correctly. I noticed that if I do not launch atem software first, I have no sound on OBS. After closing atem software, OBS, both, restarting windows again, then, the audio is played this bad, but most of the time, I get no audio on OBS from the atem source. I have to run one first, then, the other next. I don´t know what to do anymore. Thanks.

On the laptop connected to the ATEM Mini, verify that "AI Noise Suppression" is disabled in (Realtek) audio console. If this is enable, audio comining from the ATEM Mini will sound distorted/garbled.