Application Audio Capture not working

mexish

So I've tried re-installing obs and clearing my profiles and everything, trying different stuff, asked my friend to try it - it worked. For me it doesn't work. However all of the other audio capturing stuff works.

FranckB

your question is confused... the audio capture does not work?
a source is particular does not work?

mexish

your question is confused... the audio capture does not work?
a source is particular does not work?
Yes, the sound of the source doesn't get captured when i set it in obs, even though it captures fine in the "desktop audio", but not for a particular application. I've set the source to pick everything that is from the same executable of the app.

KHShadowrunner

Having the same issue. Upgraded yesterday due to the Browser Crash issue on the previous version of OBS (where trying to switch from any scene that had a browser source would cause it to crash). That's now fixed, but I'm seeing that *every* application audio capture source is no longer recognized as an audio source. Every one of them, in all scenes in all profiles. It's gotta be tied to the latest update.

EDIT: Looks like they've integrated the plugin now perhaps? I see a beta version in the sources section that allows me to re-add the source. Looks like it's broken all the old plugins, but added it directly as an options (beta) in the source.

KHShadowrunner

Looks like if you really dont want to manually add it, you might be able to adjust the ID and Versioned_ID from audio_capture to wasapi_process_output_capture. Though I haven't actually tested this yet. (Doesn't work, does fix the icon to recognize as audio capture, but does not actually capture audio.)

mexish

Having the same issue. Upgraded yesterday due to the Browser Crash issue on the previous version of OBS (where trying to switch from any scene that had a browser source would cause it to crash). That's now fixed, but I'm seeing that *every* application audio capture source is no longer recognized as an audio source. Every one of them, in all scenes in all profiles. It's gotta be tied to the latest update.

EDIT: Looks like they've integrated the plugin now perhaps? I see a beta version in the sources section that allows me to re-add the source. Looks like it's broken all the old plugins, but added it directly as an options (beta) in the source.
I don't use the plugin, the problem is that their integrated version doesn't capture anything or even show any audio input.

mexish

screenshots of profile settings (Audio) and source settings would be useful for understanding
Default, the thing is, it's not just not recording, it's not even showing up normally. It doesn't detect any input whatsoever, even while not recording. The slider doesn't move.

1667907312258.png

FranckB

and how is the source set?
the source emits sound ... what is the name of the application (a game?)
and it's a beta version on this source...

mexish

and how is the source set?
the source emits sound ... what is the name of the application (a game?)
and it's a beta version on this source...
I tried my browser, discord, valorant, a lot of things basically, none of them work.

TerminatorSAW2k

Hello, I have a problem with the beta plugin for application recording, I can not select Edge Youtube and redirect pages to the Youtube videos it also does not seem to play, I take Chrome, it goes smoothly, although it is based on Edge on Chrome.

Does anyone have similar errors?

Could this be a reason why the recording of the contributor does not work?

Quezalcoalt

Hi,

I have exactly the same Issues... i've done a small Update on Windows 10 and since then.. the Old Plugin version wasn't working...
And now i've updated OBS and take out the plugin... nothing work again...

Do you have any idea

1668027365614.png

mexish

I guess they just removed support/or they use functions that require 22h2, because I have the last build of 20h2 and it doesn't seem to work.

FranckB

if you have the possibility to update windows, it is always preferable, and not only for OBS! but for safety...
System not updated = vulnerable system

NEWDRAGONN

Have you found a way to fix this yet? I'm having the same problem as you and need a solution. pls
I guess they just removed support/or they use functions that require 22h2, because I have the last build of 20h2 and it doesn't seem to work.

CB_Demented

I don't have a problem with it capturing. It shows up in the mixer just fine. I have a problem with the fact that it sends all the sound to Dekstop 1, and not as a separate route. Even if I use an audio monitor filter, it goes to desktop 2, but is still present in desktop 1.

There's no way for me to choose a destination route other than with the audio monitor filter and that doesn't remove it from my primary desktop audio in the profile.

DougRedfield87

so just learned that Application Audio Capture doesn't like 48 hz for some games and that it will only capture bgm and not the dialogue. it only likes 44 hz for the complete audio. will there be a fix for this soon?