Anytime I open up OBS my mouse and keyboard lag (Typing, and jumpy mouse)

virtualmementos

I have been using OBS for a while and I have been experiencing so many issues as of late but I fixed most of them. Now the latest one is anytime I open OBS my mouse freezes up and jumps around when I use OBS. Not running a game or anything and I have a fairly high end PC. Sometimes my keyboard even holds down keys with this lag and this keyboard is also fairly new too.

I am concerned because these issues have been happening for seemingly no reason and out of nowhere and I would love to find out why. It only happens when I use OBS.

I have tried seeing if it happens with both my monitors and lone behold it does it with both plugged in and just one.

Here is a log and also my PC specs too.

Specs:
Device name Marie
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Attachments

• 2022-04-06 08-15-54.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 102
Bumping up this post too. I have the same issue with the thread starter below. His video is exactly what I had been facing.

mattnicholas

I am facing something similar but only with the mouse (luckily my keyboard works fine). It happened when I recently updated the OBS installation and the next thing I see is my mouse lags heavily as soon as OBS is started. At first I thought my mouse batteries died but i was wrong.. I test with https://cpstest.pro to see if the mouse is clicking correctly and it worked there. So, its something with the OBS itself. Is there a workaround for this? Please share.

Lawrence_SoCal

What are you doing for real-time hardware resource utilization monitoring? and defaults Windows monitoring does not include USB Root Hub specific monitoring, which may also be required.
in general - The above problems sound a lot like an overloaded system unable to respond timely to interrupts. the fix is to not overload the system, or get a system able to handle the load. The issue may have been caused in part by an OS update (Windows OS update code quality is nothing for MS to be proud of), or an interaction with a device driver.
The trouble is that many folks notice correlation (ie issue when using computationally and graphically demanding workload like OBS) and attribute causation..

brando897

Try going to Settings > Advanced > Disable Brower Source Hardware Acceleration. That has helped with my issues with OBS being open and not running any games.

elsasmith23

I have been using OBS for a while and I have been experiencing so many issues as of late but I fixed most of them. Now the latest one is anytime I open OBS my mouse freezes up and jumps around when I use OBS. Not running a game or anything and I have a fairly high end PC. Sometimes my keyboard even holds down keys with this lag and this keyboard is also fairly new too.

I am concerned because these issues have been happening for seemingly no reason and out of nowhere and I would love to find out why. It only happens when I use OBS.

I have tried seeing if it happens with both my monitors and lone behold it does it with both plugged in and just one.

Here is a log and also my PC specs too.

Specs:
Device name Marie
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
It could be helpful to try to reset your OBS settings to the default settings and see if that helps. Additionally, you may want to look into updating your graphics driver, as this can often solve mouse lag issues. Or you should try cps-tester website to check if your devices work properly. and If none of those solutions work, it may be worth looking into ways to optimize your computer for better performance when using OBS.

elsasmith23

It could be helpful to try to reset your OBS settings to the default settings and see if that helps. Additionally, you may want to look into updating your graphics driver, as this can often solve mouse lag issues. Or you should try cps-tester website to check if your devices work properly. and If none of those solutions work, it may be worth looking into ways to optimize your computer for better performance when using OBS.

If none of the suggested solutions work, you may want to try using the website cps-tester. This website can help you identify and troubleshoot any potential issues with your computer hardware and software that may be causing the mouse lag.

solnet99

There is a problem with the QT library and OBS.
All my keyboard problems are solved by starting OBS from the command line...

~$ obs QT_NO_GLIB=1

Kornster

Bumping post as ive been experiencing this within games so take it as you will having only just created to notify of this. I rolled back to v29.0.1-rc1. I remember updating twice due to a message and the issue was not present pre updating. I recorded playing with the family for a couple of hours and never experienced the drift after rolling back.