Any available plugin/script that shuts down PC automatically after live streaming has stopped?

RicohLA

I use OBS to record/stream automatically, it's for Zoom meetings and I am not the zoom admin, so I don't have technical privilege to record the meeting. Not to be confused for piracy, this is for educational use. This is what automated OBS recording looked like. I used Advanced Scene Switcher to operate it automatically. But my issues is this: How can I make OBS send command to Windows to shut down the PC for saving electricity?

Warmuptill

You can achieve what you are looking for using the advanced scene switcher's macro tab - specifically the "Run" action.
Assuming you are on windows you can configure something similar to this:

ShutdownExample.PNG

The "300" stands for 300 seconds until Windows will shut down after running the command.
So in this case 5 minutes after the local recording was stopped the command to shut down the computer in 5 Minutes will be executed.

But please be careful not to configure something which will instantly shut down your computer once you start OBS.
And just in case - the command to stop a shutdown is "shutdown.exe -a".

darenhoff

That's very nice help.
But it will cause OBS crash/loss of data as we are unable to close OBS but giving command to shutdown the PC. either OBS will not like it and we need -f option with shutdown to force close all other apps along with OBS. Wondering to avoid OBS loss of data.
If we can save profile and scene data before shudown.................

iTouch44

Try this
Run Powershell.exe with the Macro function ( its here C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 )
add following arguments
Timeout 5
Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs
Timeout 5
taskkill /IM obs64.exe

and then another one with the Shutdown function