Resource icon

All Versions Android Webcam guide for OBS.

Cryonic

Cryonic submitted a new resource:

Android Webcam guide for OBS. - Simple guide for Android IP Camera app connected to OBS.

I have done this as a video only for youtube, but now i`m using this forum and i want to share it here.

Its a basic guide how to use your camera on android smartphones/tablets as a webcam in OBS and other software (never tested, Skype is still refusing to work).

The Software changed a lot, so dont expect it to look like in the video right now (!)

What you need:
IP Webcam App (freeware):...

Read more about this resource...

xiuide

IP Webcam is awesome software, and I use it all the time when i stream, however Id like to offer a more inclusive way of using it with OBS, without using the /video output and external programs.

1) download the CLR browser plugin for OBS
2) start IP webcam
3) create a CLR Browser source in OBS, and use the URL "http://YOURIP:YOURPORT/browserfs.html where yourip and yourport are the ones you get from ip webcam

easier to setup, no untrusted programs downloaded from the web, no fiddling with a bunch of settings. just nice and easy

Cryonic

Yay that sounds pretty good. I was searching for the way how to set up Android as a webcam, so it should work with other software. But this plugin is pretty nice for OBS. I will try it and see how hard this will impact the CPU usage compared to my solution and how smooth the picture is.
Anyway its nice to have different ways to use the IP Webcam app, some people may need a wireless cam for whatever reason and dedicated network cameras are expensive :-)

Chase_

Thanks for the info! I've been trying to get this and similar android apps to work with OBS.

I was able to get a video feed without audio in OBS using IP Webcam from my android. However, I haven't been able to get Alax.info to show up as a source. I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Any ideas about how to bring in audio and/or solve my issue with not seeing Alax.info as a source?

EDIT: I got Alax.info to show up. Now I just need audio

Last edited:

Craig Baker

IP Webcam is awesome software, and I use it all the time when i stream, however Id like to offer a more inclusive way of using it with OBS, without using the /video output and external programs.

1) download the CLR browser plugin for OBS
2) start IP webcam
3) create a CLR Browser source in OBS, and use the URL "http://YOURIP:YOURPORT/browserfs.html where yourip and yourport are the ones you get from ip webcam

easier to setup, no untrusted programs downloaded from the web, no fiddling with a bunch of settings. just nice and easy

AWESOME! Will use this till I can get a logitech C920 so I can use green screen

Veed

Thanks for the info! I've been trying to get this and similar android apps to work with OBS.

I was able to get a video feed without audio in OBS using IP Webcam from my android. However, I haven't been able to get Alax.info to show up as a source. I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Any ideas about how to bring in audio and/or solve my issue with not seeing Alax.info as a source?

EDIT: I got Alax.info to show up. Now I just need audio
How did you get it to show up? Same problem on w8.1 64bit

kyzerdongle

Hey, everyone, I found this thread, thanks for posting information about using the android cam. I've downloaded the newest OBS Studio version, and I'm attempting to add a browser source, typing in the web page source. htttps// IP/POT/browserfs.html, but it's not coming up for me in the scene. I've started the server in IPCam, and it's there when I visit the webpage, but when I try and add the source, nothing happens, any idea as to why? I've triple checked my data entry and I'm typing in the correct website? Is there a difference between a CLR browser source, and the newer Browser source, I don't need to download the plugin to I?

How did you guys get Alax.info to show up ? I been just skipping jt and allowing the ip stream. But I'm currently having problems. I do hour streams send when I post em to Facebook I'm getting only two mins back. I've done everything I can think of send small following everything to the tee . . Including the original video in this form. (minus the Alax.info part ) I don't know what else to do . I could definitely use some direction

Akeel Zicar

HI,

I love the idea of having the ipcam from the browser, i almost did it, but got stuck at the last leg...In the normal browser i just need to click internet explorer and job done. but on OBS even if i put the http://192.168.0.45:81/index.htm still dont work

Attachments

• obs.jpg
    obs.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 528

MrWillH

Just thought I'd add some more content to this.

OBS 19.0.2 has a built-in option to add a BrowserSource. When it asks for the URL for your IP cam (IP Webcam for Android). You enter in "http://192.168.1.XX:8080/video". After that, you specify your resolution and framerate.

I tried the CLR browser plugin for OBS above and it gave me an error after the plug-in was installed. I ended up renaming the plug-in folder in the osb-studio installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins) to obs-pluginsold. Then reinstalled OBS over the existing installation.

I've been using the IP Web Cam app for Android for a while, to monitor dice rolls in games like X-Wing Miniatures and Imperial Assault. Works pretty well, and I use VLC to capture the feed, and then OBS to display the VLC window. I found it less CPU intensive than using either a Media Source or VLC Source within obs itself. You do need to use the /video url endpoint within VLC.

metrosuperstar

Are you guys getting any lag with IP Webcam? If you put its source next to a logitech C920 - will they be synched or will the IP webcam be clearly lagging?