Question / Help "An Encoder Error Occurred While Streaming" After about 30ish Minutes of streaming.

EmCeeGamingx

So I tried streaming today and as the title says, I got the encoder error occurred message after about 30 or so minutes of streaming.

I tried a variety of fixes, installed CoreAudio encoder, checked my gpu drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled OBS, and nothing worked.

It's worth mentioning that I did just get my new CPU, and as a result had to get a new MOBO and DDR4 ram. Everything in terms of hardware is working fine as far as I can tell. I've only tried streaming the new COD with the new hardware so it could be the game, but I don't see why it'd be an issue.

Also, I noticed in the preview window of OBS that while my fps counter never dropped below 30, the video seemed to be skipping/chugging periodically. I don't know if that has any bearing on this but I figured I'd mention it.

Here's my latest log: https://obsproject.com/logs/TDfWtXAQaFUuiFUm

genjiarmorxii

So I've had the same issue but was able to fix it. Error appeared when transferring into gameplay from the menu or out of gameplay into the menus correct? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has an issue with RTX cards and NVENC causing this problem. The only fix right now is to stream using x264 with a preset that your system can run. If you want to run it with NVENC you have to wait for an update from Infinity Ward.