Question / Help Alienware bitrate porbles :(

baedollbarbie

Hello.
I would like to broadcast with OBS on my alienware i7 gaming/streaming laptop with 8gb NVIDIA geoforce video card and this laptop is the strongest in the market but the bitrate is not working out.. :( I have an Asus zenbook with integrated video card and with that laptop the bitrate and fps is working well.. but that laptop is not made for streaming. Is there a way I could get technical support? (my internet connection and all is good enough for hd+ streaming). I am a fiel and I teied ever settings but it womt work out :( so sad. Please fuys help me.

Thank you so much in advance;
Barbara (Baedollbarbie)

FerretBomb

Please provide a logfile from a live streaming session, and we can take a look.
1) Restart OBS
2) Start your stream/recording for at least 30 seconds (or however long it takes for the issue to happen). Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

cyph0rg

I would suggest getting an Ethernet cable, and hardwire your laptop to the router.. WiFi streaming is rarely gonna work stably..

baedollbarbie

maybe 25 mbt/s is not enough? right? i need faster net ir what do you guys think? at least i csn finally stream in 30 fos hd+ :) but would be better with 60 fos

FerretBomb

According to that logfile:
01:57:09.255: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter (802.11, 173 mbps)
you're connected over wifi, not a network cable. You may need to change the priority-order of your network adapters, to prefer the cabled connection when it is available.

It's definitely a network bandwidth issue though:
02:06:45.610: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1325 (64.7%)
The connection going over wifi at the moment definitely could contribute to that.

Also, Killer NICs are well-known in general to be a problem; if your wired connection is also a Killer unit (or really just in general, as it could be affected by the wifi adapter as well), it'd be best to follow the following:
Killer's Firewall is known for it's poor performance and issues when trying to stream. Please download the driver only package from http://support.killernetworking.com/software/, completely uninstall all Killer NIC items and install their Driver only package.