Resource icon

AFK/Mute Scene/Source Switcher

for some reason it isn't.
I am unable to reproduce your problem. Can you tell me which version of OBS you are using along with the setting you use? Then I can hopefully reproduce the problem and find a fix.

It may possibly be that if you are using the "Force Mute Other Audio" option and switch on the mic, for example, and then go to move back by unmuting the desktop. Doing this won't switch back as you need to use the same output as you switch with.

PF4NDY

Yep I changed my Windows username to Andy and it started saving the settings correctly. The plugin didn't support the characters I had used in my windows username before. These are äöü and/or space (these are german characters).

I thought I patched that problem about a year ago, with your help, to support accented characters. As far as I know/knew, no one has had a problem with this since then. If someone does still have a problem with this, let me know and I'll see if I can find time to look into it.

ThatGuyFromTV

For having a source turn on or off with muting, I know it's possible to have a source turn on when a mic is muted, but is it possible to set it so a source is turned off when sound is muted? I'm trying to make it so that muting the mic will turn off the webcam, but I don't see a way to do that without making a new mute scene for each scene I have (unless I'm missing an option somewhere, which is entirely possible). The plugin works great otherwise, thank you for the hard work!

It can't turn off a source. Probably not too hard a thing to make it do though. If I get some time I'll have a poke about and see what I can do.

REDzeroFIVE

I'm looking for something that works very similarly to AFK, however rather than switching scenes when a mic or source is muted, I want to do the opposite - switch scenes when audio is detected/crosses a threshold. For example, two cameras with two directional microphones - when audio is detected/crosses a threshold on one mic then the scene showing that associated camera would become active. Does something like that exist? If not, is there a place I could go to find out what might be involved in having this capability developed?

I'm looking for something that works very similarly to AFK, however rather than switching scenes when a mic or source is muted, I want to do the opposite - switch scenes when audio is detected/crosses a threshold. For example, two cameras with two directional microphones - when audio is detected/crosses a threshold on one mic then the scene showing that associated camera would become active. Does something like that exist? If not, is there a place I could go to find out what might be involved in having this capability developed?
As far as I know, nothing like this exists. Someone asked me about something similar a while ago and I looked into it but it never got much further than that. I may have been looking at it the wrong way but it was a while ago.

As for getting it developed. You could try posting in the Resource Requests but I don't think there's a good uptake of ideas in there. Offering money may help increase interest but there are no guarantees. Of course you could develop it yourself if you have the time and know/are willing to learn how to program. There is no real documentation for the OBS1 API but most of the functions have obvious names.

adocilesloth updated AFK/Mute Scene/Source Switcher with a new update entry:

@ThatGuyFromTV

Hide source on mute/deafen

At the request of ThatGuyFromTV, the ability to hide a source has been added. Config screen has been updated to reflect this change:

18114959569_7833c50fb7_o.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

ibob92

Hi, i have multiple AFK scene depending on wich game or tournament i stream. This plugin is awesome but to my opinion It would have to work in the opposite way. it's easyer to choose for every scene the relative muted device so i could change to the AFK scene that i prefere and the plugin mute mic and/or desktop audio like i choose before.
This would be the simplest and best way to work this plugin fo me.

Hi, i have multiple AFK scene depending on wich game or tournament i stream. This plugin is awesome but to my opinion It would have to work in the opposite way. it's easyer to choose for every scene the relative muted device so i could change to the AFK scene that i prefere and the plugin mute mic and/or desktop audio like i choose before.
This would be the simplest and best way to work this plugin fo me.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for. You can already have an AFK scene associated with every non-AFK scene. You can have, for example, a BF4 scene and BF4-AFK scene and switch between them when you mute/unute you're mic/desktop. You'd set this up with the "Mute Scene (suffix)" option which is, if I remember correctly, the default option. So your scene list would look like:

BF4
BF4-AFK
TF2
TF2-AFK
Uplink
Uplink-AFK

So if you were streming BF4 and hit mute, it would switch to BF4-AFK. Unmute and it'd go back. Then later if you switch to playing TF2, hitting mute would switch to TF2-AFK. You just have to use the same suffix for all of your AFK scenes. Here I used "-AFK" but it can be what ever you want.

I think that's what you were asking for. If it's not, can you post an example so I can understand better?

Red_Ranger_

I can't get this to work!!!! I have got it downloaded and in my plugin folder but I cannot figer out how to get to the config setting!? Can some post how to do this???

I can't get this to work!!!! I have got it downloaded and in my plugin folder but I cannot figer out how to get to the config setting!? Can some post how to do this???

Open OBS.
Click the "Plugins" button.
In the window that opens, select "AFK/Mute Scene/Source Switcher".
Click "Configure".

Ochiha_ita

Hi Guys,
I am working on creating a live channel, however I have a problem where I want certain scenes to play the sound of the video played and mute the microphone... I used this plugin, its only successful to accomplish that in the preview but not in the recording nor the streaming...
I am stuck here and hope that you guys can help me :(

Hello!

After putting the dll in the pluginfolder I start up OBS and get the error "Failed to load plugin plugins/MuteSceneSwitch.dll, 126". The configuration file is created under "Roaming/OBS/PluginData".

What to do? :(

KrandeKraft

Is there a Plugin for Open Broadcaster Studio?
Is it possible to add the feature that a scence is muted automatically?

Means: Press Button for Scence3 -> Micro gets muted automatically...

kessel_runs

Hey guys, thanks for all your hard work!

I feel like I maybe flubbed when setting this up, but after configuring it when I mute my mic, nothing happens. I don't get a scene switch or anything.

Currently using 64 bit updated to most recent version of OBS and the headset/mic combo I have is a logitech G-35 and it's running through the 'audio setting' and isn't hooked up to specific source. Let me know if you have any question, I'd love to troubleshoot this with you.

Hey guys, thanks for all your hard work!

I feel like I maybe flubbed when setting this up, but after configuring it when I mute my mic, nothing happens. I don't get a scene switch or anything.

Currently using 64 bit updated to most recent version of OBS and the headset/mic combo I have is a logitech G-35 and it's running through the 'audio setting' and isn't hooked up to specific source. Let me know if you have any question, I'd love to troubleshoot this with you.

Can you post a screenshot of your config window for this plugin?
Also, does your username on your PC have any accented Latin letters or any non-Latin letters? (just in case the path file issue has reared it's ugly head again)