Add subtitles from .srt file

Tobl

Hi everyone. Is there any way to add open captions (hard-burned into the video) into a stream?

My goal is to share some pre-recorded videos in a zoom meeting (using virtual-cam). I have .srt subtitle files available for these videos. There is some composition with watermarks etc. already going on in OBS, so I hoped that I could just add the subtitles as a source and display them in sync with the video, but I cannot find any such option. Is there maybe a plugin available that would support this use-case?

Thanks and bw,

CKTO

Hi everyone. Is there any way to add open captions (hard-burned into the video) into a stream?

My goal is to share some pre-recorded videos in a zoom meeting (using virtual-cam). I have .srt subtitle files available for these videos. There is some composition with watermarks etc. already going on in OBS, so I hoped that I could just add the subtitles as a source and display them in sync with the video, but I cannot find any such option. Is there maybe a plugin available that would support this use-case?

Thanks and bw,
Hey @Tobl

I've been trying to do the same thing, have you figured out any way to do that? Would be really useful to me now...

Thanks in advance!

MrCarciofo

Hey @Tobl and @CKTO

To do that you just have to use VLC Video Source as your source and make sure that the .srt file is in the same folder of the video and has the same name.

Hope it works for you.
Mr.

James144

@MrCarciofo could you help in a bit more detail? i have the video with embedded caption, and the .srt file in the same folder. added the folder as a path with VLC media source, but the subtitle in not showing up in Youtube.