Actual FPS always lower than what is set

Red-Knight

Hey so I am new to OBS. I am running at 59.94 fps but the actual FPS (as noted in the bottom right corner) is always about 10 frames lower. This seems to always be the case regardless of what I have the FPS set at. It is only using about 1% of the CPU so I am kind of stumped as to why the loss of frames.

I have tried lowering the video bitrate and a few other suggestions I found on the forum... no luck. The actual FPS will always be about 10 lower. I am not exactly sure if something in the log could tell me what is wrong. But I wouldn't know what to look for. Any help, advice, or suggestions are appreciated.

PC Specs: HP zBook G5
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8850H CPU @ 2.60Ghz
RAM: 32 GB
System type: 64bit
Graphics Card: Nvidia Quadro P2000

Example log file is attached.

Attachments

• 2020-07-01 18-11-45.txt
    21 KB · Views: 16

qhobbes

1. Update OBS
2. Run OBS as Admin
3. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues.
4. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.
Uncheck Psycho Visual Tuning and change Preset from Max Quality to Quality.