Resource icon

3DS Capture Plugin (CLR-Hosted) 2014-04-17

xarxex

xarxex submitted a new resource:

3DS Capture Plugin (CLR-Hosted) - Add loopy's 3DS Capture Card as a source

I've spent some time creating a plugin to grab frames from loopy's 3DS Capture Card (http://3dscapture.com/), since I was tired of doing a window capture of his application.

Capture can be done on separate screens, or both screens in a horizontal layout.
The plugin requires the CLR-Host plugin to work.
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/clr-host-plugin.21/

piAUvrR.png

Edit: New package contains all necessary dependancies.

Read more about this resource...

Muf

Forum Moderator
Interesting stuff, may I ask how it works? Does it require Loopy's app to be running to hijack it from that, or does it implement the USB capture on its own?

Bastion

LOVE the plugin! Makes my life so much easier!

50th edit

Alright, so have it installed and everything selected (config'd) what am I missing, because with my 3DS on and such, I'm not seeing it on OBS, just a black screen.

http://i.imgur.com/blTJHIc.png

Even with the capture app closed (just read the howto) it shows up 2 black screens.

xarxex

Bastion said:
LOVE the plugin! Makes my life so much easier!

50th edit

Alright, so have it installed and everything selected (config'd) what am I missing, because with my 3DS on and such, I'm not seeing it on OBS, just a black screen.

http://i.imgur.com/blTJHIc.png

Even with the capture app closed (just read the howto) it shows up 2 black screens.

That's odd, I haven't had any trouble capturing.

You could try the following:

Make sure that you've run the latest version of Loopy's app at least once.
Make sure that the Capture App is closed, before starting obs.
Try connecting the 3DS after you've started previewing the stream.
Try changing the config once after adding the window to the scene. (There are some bugs regarding screen sizes, that get fixed when doing this. I will push out a fix eventually)

Edit:
Eventually means now. I've packaged a new release in the original post, and I hope it fixes the issues you're having.

Bastion

xarxex said:
Bastion said:
Thanks but I sadly do not see a link to the revision in the original post. Am I missing something?
Dunno what happened, it's there now.

Thanks very much! I'll answer back in a few minutes to if it worked.

I appreciate the quick answers!

Edit:

Still nothing.

xarxex

Bastion said:
xarxex said:
Bastion said:
Thanks but I sadly do not see a link to the revision in the original post. Am I missing something?
Dunno what happened, it's there now.

Thanks very much! I'll answer back in a few minutes to if it worked.

I appreciate the quick answers!

Edit:

Still nothing.

Poked around a bit, and realized my package was missing libusb-0.dll which resulted in the behaviour you described.
Try the new package :)

Bastion

PERFECT! Now it's not doing the screens their exact size, which is fine, I'm not worried about it as I can set the sizes myself, but I thought I'd let you know that at least.

You sir are amazing!

xarxex

Bastion said:
PERFECT! Now it's not doing the screens their exact size, which is fine, I'm not worried about it as I can set the sizes myself, but I thought I'd let you know that at least.

You sir are amazing!

I think it's a bug in CLR-Host.. Haven't found a way to choose size when adding a window to the scene, but simply going into the configuration a second time fixes this problem. When going into the configuration on an existing window, and clicking ok, it will resize to the correct size.

Faruton

Developer
Not a bug in clr host I think

You need to set cx and cy of the parent config element

See the clrbeowsersource source for an example of how to do it

I am having trouble with this plugin, I follow the instructions and placed the CLRHostPlugin, in along with the 3DS plugin. Now I installed CLR host 1st and tested it to make sure it was working correctly and OBS recognized and said it was working properly in the plugin's page however after attempting to install this I consistently get the message listed in the picture stating that I dont have the CLRHostPlugin.dll in my folder, however as also shown in th epicture highlighted by the yellow box its sitting in my OBS plugins folder

please help?

i resolved the first issue, now all I need is help with running the plugin its installed but I cant seem to get my 3ds to show up

Tirium

Sorry but how do I install this plugin? I put "CLRHostPlugin" into "plugins" and CLR is listed amongst the plugins when I click the plugins button.
I have no idea where to put the "3DSCapture" files. I tried putting the "x86" folder into CLRHost folder. I tried putting only the files in the "x86" folder into the CLRHost folder but nothing new appears in the sources. :/

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Tirium, plugins that rely on CLR Host go in its folder. So for example, with the 32-bit version of OBS:

- The 32-bit CLR Host plugin (the CLRHostPlugin folder and CLRHostPlugin.dll you extracted) go in C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins

- The 32-bit 3DS Capture DLLs (from the x86 folder, don't move the folder itself) go in C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins\CLRHostPlugin