26.1.2, 10.15.7 OBS crash

Darude

Seems random, hadn't done anything in the last half an hour at least with OBS, earlier successfully recorded a one minute video with OBS, but it was now in the background as I was using Safari, FCP & something else. I don't know what info I should add, the crash log has all the connected gadgets/ports.

No browser sources in the scenes and browser source altogether removed from the plugin folder.

log: https://obsproject.com/logs/bclX_DJv9S0NEsed

Attachments

• 2021-02-08 14-41-13.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 25
  • obs_2021-02-08-151134_Villes-MacBook-Pro.crash.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 30

Darude

Yo. Streamed tonight with Browser Source plugin in its place and my usual Browser Sources active in OBS and everything ran smoothly. Has actually the last 4 or 5 Fridays. The culprit doesn’t seem to be the documented browser source bug after all (and my crashes weren’t EXACTLY as most described, but it fit best, though). Crashing stopped when I removed a seemingly harmless script that was used for my ‘Starting soon’ scene’s countdown timer; I don’t know the code itself, but it I think works by pulling the time from the OS time, writing that into a file and showing that as a text file in OBS refreshed all the time. It worked with no issues earlier before Catalina UPG. So, after no scripts, browser sources and a couple other more involved things for a couple of weeks, yesterday I put everything else back except the scripts and had OBS running in the background for about 24 hours, no crashes, no glitches, so seems good now.

Jonathanl

Yo. Streamed tonight with Browser Source plugin in its place and my usual Browser Sources active in OBS and everything ran smoothly. Has actually the last 4 or 5 Fridays. The culprit doesn’t seem to be the documented browser source bug after all (and my crashes weren’t EXACTLY as most described, but it fit best, though). Crashing stopped when I removed a seemingly harmless script that was used for my ‘Starting soon’ scene’s countdown timer; I don’t know the code itself, but it I think works by pulling the time from the OS time, writing that into a file and showing that as a text file in OBS refreshed all the time. It worked with no issues earlier before Catalina UPG. So, after no scripts, browser sources and a couple other more involved things for a couple of weeks, yesterday I put everything else back except the scripts and had OBS running in the background for about 24 hours, no crashes, no glitches, so seems good now.
So glad that you have stopped the crashing.
dud you eventually reinstall your scripts folder/files? If so, how?

I’ve had major problems with my Scripts and clock files/folders. I downloaded and moved the coundowndays.lua file into the wrong file. My scripts file is now empty except fir a ghostly-looking (non-clickable) file called: url-text.py

I have somehow created a separate Clock-Source folder with several timer-related files that I believe should reside in my original Scripts file. But I am not sure about this.
Basically, can you or any fellow member advise me on how to delete the messed up Scripts and Clocks-source files that I currently seem to be left with and replace these with new/fresh Scripts and Clocks-source files without having to uninstall and reinstall my entire OBS program?
With much appreciation.

Darude

I'm not 100% sure exactly what you mean, but you can add scripts via the Tools menu and you can find the Scripts folder path in the attached screen grab. If you misplaced your scripts look for them with Spotlight or whatever search you use. On a Mac I love 'Find Any File' which is able to dig into places Spotlight might not "see".

I haven't installed any of the other scripts that I can remember, so I'm pretty sure if you re-install OBS (save if you have anything custom, before you do it), you'll get all the default scripts and folder structure back, but I have a separate clock source folder, too, so that's probably not what your issue is.

Oh, and my script is/was Advanced Timer and while I don't know if that causes the crash, I haven't had a crash in over 4 weeks now that removed being the only difference in my setup. (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/advanced-timer.637/)

Attachments

• Scripts.png
    Scripts.png
    317 KB · Views: 22