0.48.018 rock lobster test build

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikefear13

Re: 0.48.014 experimental test build

Hey man! For all the work you do on this program for us for absolutely nothing, you take your sweet time :) Seriously thank you for all of the hard work!

sweetfeetpete

Re: 0.48.014 experimental test build

strikefear13 said:
Hey man, for all the work you do on this program for us for absolutely nothing, you take your sweet time :) Seriously thank you for all of the hard work!

Yep just want to +1 this. Why the hell are you apologising?? Where's this donate button gone?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: 0.48.015 experimental test build

just uploaded 015 with some updated audio code (again), the delay that some audio devices were having should be fixed

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: 0.48.015 experimental test build

might have to revert a little bit of the game capture code in 015, let me know if anyone experiences any weirdness with their games when using game capture

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: 0.48.016 experimental test build

and uploaded 16 with reverted code for game capture

Senshin

Had problems with sc2, crashed one time (NEVER happens) but now 16b running.

:)

edit: Problem seems gone.

PrefoX

doesnt matter which build I use, the stream is stuttering almost always.
example: http://de.twitch.tv/prefox/b/392141767

game is running ALWAYS 60fps vsync. stream is 30fps so every 2nd frame should be encoded I guess, but it doesnt apparently.
Got an i7 3770k @ 4GHz so the CPU isnt the problem at all, preset is fast and OBS has a priority above normal : (

€dit: Okay I found the problem... its the flash player oO I downloaded the Stream and watched it with VLC and it was A LOT smoother, not perfectly but i would say 95% of the stuttering is gone.

Now I have to find a solution for that problem, updated flash and shockwave and its not fixed. (tested firefox and chrome)

reevoluti0n

PrefoX said:
doesnt matter which build I use, the stream is stuttering almost always.
example: http://de.twitch.tv/prefox/b/392141767

game is running ALWAYS 60fps vsync. stream is 30fps so every 2nd frame should be encoded I guess, but it doesnt apparently.
Got an i7 3770k @ 4GHz so the CPU isnt the problem at all, preset is fast and OBS has a priority above normal : (

€dit: Okay I found the problem... its the flash player oO I downloaded the Stream and watched it with VLC and it was A LOT smoother, not perfectly but i would say 95% of the stuttering is gone.

Now I have to find a solution for that problem, updated flash and shockwave and its not fixed. (tested firefox and chrome)

Are you watching your stream live on the same computer that you're streaming from? Because if so, that's your problem. Don't do that; for reasons beyond the fact that it's killing your bandwidth and taking resources away from your viewers.

Also - you need to get Flash for Windows, and disable Flash for Chrome/FireFox from loading upon startup.

I'm sorry I don't have a link for you at the moment, though I do recall seeing the specifcs somewhere throughout these forums.

Good luck.

PrefoX

reevoluti0n said:
Are you watching your stream live on the same computer that you're streaming from? Because if so, that's your problem. Don't do that; for reasons beyond the fact that it's killing your bandwidth and taking resources away from your viewers.

Also - you need to get Flash for Windows, and disable Flash for Chrome/FireFox from loading upon startup.

I'm sorry I don't have a link for you at the moment, though I do recall seeing the specifcs somewhere throughout these forums.

Good luck.
na i watched the stream after I recorded it, i'll try the flash for windows : ) thx

Senshin

Sometimes the Video locks up, what i mean is.

I play starcraft, i restart my stream and the stream is restarting and uploads his data.
Only the schreen hangs in the streamer, on twitch, in obs. i just wont move,i see the mouse moving but the game looks like its on pause in stream, so weird, restart the game fixes this problem.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

Yea, there's another bug with game capture in 016, will be fixed next test. Hopefully the next test is the last test.

edit: Also one tiny audio bug in there that can cause audio to stutter on occasion, I know the problem and can fix it fortunately

TheNameIsSlicer

I tested 016b last night for about 10 hours and everything was smooth with the exception of my mic audio still being delayed behind webcam video. Not sure how reliable my chat is but they said it wasn't as bad as with 014 and that on occasion it would actually fix itself without having to restart (whereas in 014 it would get progressively worse and restarting was the only option that seemed to fix it). I never experienced this delay before 0.48.

http://pastebin.com/sYYZKbkK

SeveraGe

Hey I just recently received my Avermedia Live Gamer Portable, and the screen is red when trying to use it when streaming with the .016 build. Are you going to implement support for this new device? Please reply asap. Thanks

Floatingthru

Community Helper

SeveraGe said:
Hey I just recently received my Avermedia Live Gamer Portable, and the screen is red when trying to use it when streaming with the .016 build. Are you going to implement support for this new device? Please reply asap. Thanks

Read for info concerning this device.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3285

ball2hi

Senshin said:
Had problems with sc2, crashed one time (NEVER happens) but now 16b running.

:)

edit: Problem seems gone.
This. I had a "stable" OC that ran my Video Card/Processor at 100% for hours but I recently had OBS crash as if my Video Card restarted. Going to check the new version.

Darkburrow

I am still getting Popping sound when having my Webcam on my Stream (I narrowed it down to webcam causing this issue, Logitech HD C920) which is really annoying, i want my Cam but i dont want the popping, some say its an issue with Optical headset's, i got Logitech G35 USB, and USB aint optical no ?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: 0.48.017 rock lobster test build

Okay, another update, fixed a bug that some people were experiencing where the audio would stutter for devices, split up window and monitor capture into separate sources, and added a defaults button to the advanced section. Going to try to go over a few more things and hopefully get this ready for an actual release, finally.

Hopefully I don't have to cause things to go unstable like during this test build cycle ever again.

reevoluti0n

Re: 0.48.017 rock lobster test build

Jim said:
Okay, another update, fixed a bug that some people were experiencing where the audio would stutter for devices, split up window and monitor capture into separate sources, and added a defaults button to the advanced section. Going to try to go over a few more things and hopefully get this ready for an actual release, finally.

Hopefully I don't have to cause things to go unstable like during this test build cycle ever again.

Love the name for this build.

Going to run it tonight using Game Capture + multiple audio devices. Will be saving to disk and streaming simultaneously, so if I notice anything I'll draft up some notes and send them your way.

Also wanted to mention that the thread in Feedback/Suggestions about adding 'Disable' for desktop audio would be huge and is something I am fully behind. If there's anything I can do specifically to up this on the priority list, other than editing the actual code, I can definitely put in the time needed. Drop me a PM.

Glad to see this getting closer to Beta v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.