1. 32-bit
  2. 64-bit
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
What for?
Allows custom mixing of channels, duplicate, mute, swap channels at will.

Namely for channel corrections, or extraction of certain channels. EG. fix swapped left / right channels, or to reorder channels to the correct positions for surround sound output.

Also allows muting in the event that you expect those channels to be mixed with others later.

Features:
-Gain per channel for pseduo pan effect (thanks Matt for suggestion)

Known Bugs:
https://github.com/Andersama/rematrix-filter/issues

Build instructions can be found here:
https://github.com/Andersama/rematrix-filter/wiki

Windows 32/64 bit builds will be automatically built and released.
Reactions: pkv
Author
Andersama
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from Andersama

• OBS Voicemeeter
    OBS Voicemeeter
    Lower latency integration of Voicemeeter's programs.
  • Layer View
    Layer View
    Manage the visibility of groups of sources easily.
  • Shader Plugins
    Shader Plugins
    Rapidly prototype and create graphical effects using OBS's shader syntax.

Latest updates

1. Multiple Filter Bug Fixed

A bug that caused garbled audio has been fixed. Going to simplify the releases, one w/ each...

Latest reviews

This is an edit to my previous review. Basically, I didn't realize that I had to reconfigure my audio settings to use a surround sound setting. For me, I used Dolby 7.1, which split out all of my 8 channels in the audio mixer. Once I did that, rematrix-filter worked flawlessly, and was able to mute all inputs except for the master channel.

To describe my setup:
I have a Traktor Kontrol Z2 mixer with 8 input channels.
I only wanted to capture the master input which is the mix of all the other inputs. Without the Dolby 7.1 audio setting, and without rematrix-filter, I could not do that. OBS would clamp on all the inputs, including the phono inputs. So what I did is filter out (muted) every input except for the master input. Brilliant!
Excellent stuff!

With this plugin, you can independently mute, adjust volume, use push-to-talk/mute hotkeys and assign filters to audio input channels. So for example you can have two mono inputs instead of a single stereo input. This is an essential feature for any audio related application.

Here's how it's done on a two channel audio interface:

1. Add two separate Audio Input Capture sources for your audio interface and name them Input 1 and Input 2 (or something like that).
2. Make sure Downmix to Mono is not selected on the sources.
3. Assign Rematrix filters to Input 1 and Input 2.
4. Open Rematrix settings.
5. On Input 1 select (target) Channel 1 and set (source) Channel 1 to 100% and (source) Channel 2 to 0%. Do the same thing for (target) Channel 2.
6. On Input 2 select (target) Channel 1 and set (source) Channel 1 to 0% and (source) Channel 2 to 100%. Do the same thing for (target) Channel 2.

Now you have two separate mono inputs. Yay!
Love it! Simple to use, does the job perfectly.
A
Andersama
I just pushed a new version which preallocates a large enough buffer for all the swapping operations. (v1.0.1)