PTZ Controls

PTZ Controls v0.15.4

I must be missing something because this plugin does not work properly. I have 10 scenes. Each scene has my PTZ camera in it as a source, and each scene needs to go to a specific preset. My presets I make within PTZ Controller don't save. After changing scenes, my presets get merged together so sometimes Preset 1 and Preset 2 become the same preset instead of different presets like I saved them. Someone help please? This is mission critical for my work.
Great plugin! I love that you can link a camera to a source in OBS. One thing I would like is the ability to bind other inputs to zoom, etc. Currently, I have a high-end Apem controller that is night and day compared to a basic Xbox controller. Unfortunately, I cannot use it since the zoom on this controller is set up for the Z-axis rather than the 'right thumbstick.' Is there any way this could be tweaked to work differently? please reach out if I can provide any more info that could help in the process!
I can’t think of any other way I can manage our setup with 4 ptz cameras without this plugin. Only reason for less than a five rating is because currently VISCA serial is not working with two HuddleCam HD connected via usb in OBS 29 and above. Had to downgrade to OBS 28.1.1 because this plugin is important for me.
Just excellent. Rely on it all the time.

One question. Is there a way to rename the devices so I can tell which one is which (we have four that I'm controllinng through it !)
Nao sei o que esta acontecendo mas nao consigo configurar a camera, sempre que tento ela esta fechando meu OBS na parte de aplicar as configurações, podem me ajudar ?
This is a great plugin which works exactly as expected. Thank you!
I love this plug-in! Works great with one of my IP cameras. I have another PTZ camera (Roc20 by Rocware) that connects only with USB. The camera responds if I go to the source, properties, configure video, camera control within OBS.. I have not been successful configuring it with this plugin so wondering if it is even possible?
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review. I'm glad it's working for you.

Most USB cameras use the UVC protocol for PTZ control. The plugin doesn't support UVC yet, but it is something I want to add.
Thanks so much for this resource. It's really sensational.

I need a feature to slow down "PAN/TILT" for right side and left side of PTZ NEIOD camera (VISCA)
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review.
If you go into the settings dialog, you should find a "Pan/Tilt Maximum Speed" slider which will limit how fast the camera moves.
***The speed slider has been removed entirely and the speed of movements starts small, and ramps up the longer the button is held down. This behaviour appears to be more user-friendly, but I would like to have feedback on how it is working.***
Review: The intention was good. However, I liked the previous speed control better. It seems more practical to me. Perhaps it would be interesting to leave both options available, to be chosen in the settings.

***The other big change is in how a PTZ device is associated with an OBS source. ***
Review: This is great! Excelent idea.
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review.

The speed slider has been added back in another form. In the settings dialog there is a per-camera setting on the maximum Pan/Tilt, Zoom and Focus speeds. You can use that to limit the maximum speed that a camera will move. I'm still working on improving the UI, but I hope that will be a functional first step.
Everything fine now. Thanks for sharing. Great Plugin
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the review. Glad it is working for you.
My most important OBS plugin. Working great with RGBlink PTZ network cams. Unfortunately not compatible with OBS 28 yet. Pre5 crashing OBS. ..M1/M1Pro Mac, Ventura/Monterey.
glikely
glikely
Please try the -rc3 release and let me know how it works. It should now be properly signed for running on a Mac.

https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/releases/tag/v0.12.0-rc3
Macbook Air M1 2020
MacOS Monterey (12.4)

I had to use v0.10.2 to get the PTZ controls to show up. Great product! Do you have any plans to add joystick or controller functionality? That would be awesome, as I like to control my cameras through an XBox controller.

Thanks!
glikely
glikely
Are you using OBS Studio v27 or v28? Plug-in version v0.10.2 and lower only work with v27. The v0.12.0 versions only work with v28
It's not working for MAC.
Pre5, the version in which USB was released, simply does not appear in OBS after installation.
IOS Monterey Macbook AIR 2017.
Before USB charged
This has been a very useful plugin. Thank you so much for sharing it! We use it weekly in our church services.
glikely
glikely
Thanks @DennisAllen. I'm glad to hear it is working well for you.
I'm not sure where the problem lies but I think it is with this plugin. OBS minimizes and you can't open it and when you open OBS again it says the program is already running and asks if you want to launch it again. OBS appears in the minimized tray and then disappears and you can only close it by going into the task manager tray. Otherwise its a great plugin. Wish instructions for connecting an NDI camera clearer.
glikely
glikely
Thanks for the feedback @pastorb633. I haven't encountered that problem before. Can you file an issue report on the GitHub page, and attach a copy of the OBS log file? https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues
Really nice and FREE plugin! I was able to control my old two Sony cams with Visca over serial protocol, right inside OBS without needing any external software. There's room to improvements of course, but really nice work indeed.
glikely
glikely
Thanks! I'm glad it is working well for you.
works excellent with rgblink ptz camera!
Does not work on macOS Monterey and OBS 27.1.3
The plugin does not appear in the doks
glikely
glikely
I'm sorry that you've had problems. Please remember that this plugin is still in development and not everything works yet. MacOS support was only just added in the last release and I didn't get the shared library configuration correct, which is why it would not load for you.

I've just released v0.10.2 which should fix the issue. Please give it a try and let me know how it works:

https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/releases/tag/v0.10.2

If you have any problems, please file an issue on GitHub so that I can address it properly and have a way for you to provide more details if needed. The issues link is here:

https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues
I am really thrilled and happy about this excellent plugin. I compiled it on Linux and it works like a charm. The only hurdle was to figure out the correct port to be used.
One big wish I have, please could you split the layout vertical instead of horizontal, so that the preset list fills two quarters from top to bottom and the camera list fills only one quarter bottom left?
I believe that most users won't need more than 8 cameras, but 16 presets are very much needed. If the presets fill two quarters on the right, they can be accessed much quicker because there's likely no need to scroll anymore.
Regards Benno
glikely
glikely
Great suggestion. Thanks!
Great Plugin works good with my cams.
would be great if there would be a standalone version and the possibility to control focus and iris
glikely
glikely
Focus control has been added to v0.7.0-rc1. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.