Directory watch media

Directory watch media 0.7.0

Is there a way to make it so when I hit my hotkey to save my source record it automatically starts playing the file in my media source in my preview scene in studio mode. If so what do i need to set my media source setting to meaning should I have it set to loop or not, close file when not active and the other settings like those.
Very useful plugin for situations where you have a media folder being updated with new files that you need played in your stream, but can't be bothered with updating the source each time to point to the latest file.
Works well with the replay buffer! Although, it's the replay buffer that I have an issue with because it doesn't save the full 5 seconds I have it set!
Amazing plugin! We are reworking our entire studio at the financial news in Norway, where we are switching to OBS. This plugin has really made our workflow great. Every day, new videos are coming in via dropbox to be played on the broadcast in a certain order. These are automatically imported into OBS without having to do a single thing. We just rename the videos VT1, VT2 etc.. and it's all automatically sorted and imported in OBS. Just amazing. Well done.
is the missing link for Source Record and Instant Replay!
Nice plugin to replay goals in the period break. I'm recording/streaming icehockey games.

Is there any way to get some transition to the clips. It looks not so good when playing several files because it just cut from one to another
Perfect. Works as intended after update.
Allows me to create multiple replays and eventually review them all after the event or view specific replays using media hotkeys (bound in OBS settings).
Its the best solution if you want multiple replays to playback.
Just to echo another review. Im not certain this is working currently. Having set it up as per the other guy in the reviews from 2019 - It will only play 1 saved replay. After clearing the playlist, no subsequent replays get added to it either.

Thanks. I hope this is resolved as I would very much like to use this plugin!
Exeldro
Exeldro
Should be fixed in version 0.5.1
Should this still be working? I can't get it to work. I can get it to auto play 1 video once and that's it. After clearing no new clips show up. And in order to show that 1st video again I have to restart OBS.
Exeldro
Exeldro
Fixed a bug that the filter was not updating when the source was not shown. Can you test if version 0.5.1 fixes it for you?
Works as advertised, very useful when used with the replay buffer
Finally a stable-working plugin that lets you re-watch your replays from your last match.

There was s script that did exactly this but it was creating a lot of problems. this one is rock solid thank good. And as it is a "plugin" rather than a script, you dont have to worry about losing the settings.

Mini tutorial:

You place a "vlc media source" in a separate "scene"
Add the plugin as a "video filter" to that "vlc media source"
configure plugin through the filters tab, by choosing the target folder, extension and the replay suffix that you entered into "instant replay buffer".

My suffix (in settings\advanced\recording tab)instant replay was " - R" so i entered that without the quotes.

Find the plugin in the hotkeys section of OBS;
bind an easy to remember key to "clear" and you are set.

Now during your gameplay session, hit instant replay as many as you like, and at the end of the round( or whenever you feel like to watch them) go to the scene that contains your "VLC media source" you just created and the replays will start from newest to oldest depending on your settings. Once you are done with the replays, you can go back to your usual gaming or lobby scene and hit the "clear" key.

pro tip: add your "clear" hotkey for the plugin same hotkey as your "lobby" or "game" scene so they get cleared automatically. This way, the old replays will be gone and only the ones from the latest match appear.