Hello once again minions! We are proud to present the first quicksync encoding test build. If you have an intel chip and motherboard combination that supports quicksync usage, you can now use quicksync to encode your stream, there by saving a fairly significant amount of CPU usage while encoding.
Edit: Also now testing a new version of game capture for opengl apps. Using super awesome GL extensions the app can now capture GL as fast as directx on nvidia/amd GPUs. It's super nice. Let me know if it causes any minor explosions.
status: fairly stable
download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproj ... p/download
0.52.08 aquaman build
- 08 - hide game cursor when in alt-tabbed out of games being captured via game or window capture
- 08 - [palana] made some quicksync fixes/adjustments
- 08 - there should be other stuff but I'm sure someone will update this post
- 07 - fixed a bug for the new GL capture on certain cards
- Improved game capture for opengl games.
- Improved game capture for 64bit d3d9 games.
- Got rid of a stuttering bug that was occurring for some people with game capture.
- Added new per-scene volume plugin made by homeworld
- Field discard deinterlacing for DirectShow sources
- x264 bit rate adjustable while streaming with either VBR or CBR with padding disabled
- Other random bug fixes and things I can't even remember at the moment. I'm sure someone will yell at me.
Previously on batman:
0.52.05 powdered toast build
- Added latest x264 revision that has OpenCL hardware acceleration support, can be enabled by adding "opencl=true" as a custom x264 parameter (without quotes. Warning: may be unstable)
- Fixed a bug with arma2 and dayz not capturing the game properly with game capture (thanks to johnbfrm for figuring this out)
- Fixed some more quicksync bugs, file output should now work properly (palana)
- Added capture device gamma slider to the directshow plugin (paibox)
- 04 - fixed a bug with multiple monitors not working
- quicksync support, enabled in advanced, coded by the most awesome palana
- added an option to disable all encoding while previewing
- fixed a bug with game capture sizing
- fixed a number of other random various bugs
known bugs with quicksync:
- Quicksync doesn't appear to work properly when you have more than four monitors connected to your main GPU (no clue why currently)
- CFR with quicksync may or may not work properly for some people
- some capture methods fail to work with it on at times