Zoom window captures destroy performance - Am I the only one?

thebanat

Hey, so I've been streaming for a couple of years now. I'm running an ASUS ROG Strix Scar (15) with Ryzen 7 5800 and an RTX 3080. I upgraded from a 3 year old MSI GS65 with a an i7 8750h + GTX 1070, mainly because of this issue, thinking that it's performance/hardware related.
I livestream a talk show on YouTube, which is nothing too fancy, just an overlay and 3 zoom windows (basically the same window replicated thrice to put speakers in different boxes). And even with this, I find that my system becomes MASSIVELY sluggish. The mouse cursor is running slow (it feels like the entire system suddenly has only 10% of its power, or the refresh rate is like 30Hz). This is mainly the case when I am capturing a Zoom meeting window as part of the stream.
Even while streaming games, if I just go solo, it's flawless.
I can, for instance, stream Metro Exodus - PC Enhanced Edition on Ultra, with my webcam, chroma keying AND RTX Voice on, without any hitches at 60fps. But if I am playing FIFA 21 with a guest's video captured from Zoom, my in-game frame rate is barely 30fps. HOWEVER, the FPS on stream is absolutely perfect. There's no lag or stutter of any sort in the stream. But my actual gameplay is absolutely f****d. I've had this issue across two separate systems/hardware sets now, and it's really starting to annoy me. I've messed around with settings, different encoders, changing the OBS priority level. Nothing seems to help. Does anyone have a solution to this please? Because I'm literally running A+ grade hardware and still struggling with this.
Thanks in advance.