Question / Help Zoom Call to OBS - Flickering Issue

mdwatson5

Hey, all!

Right now I'm running zoom to obs through a zoom "window capture" source. There is an intermittent flickering that I can't get rid of. The video in the zoom call itself is fine, but when it comes into obs something goes wrong. The image sources that I've added as layers on top of the capture are not affected by the flicker, so clearly something is happening where zoom meets obs.

You can see it in action here:

I wonder if maybe somehow adding all the image sources are causing the problem? Any help? I added a log file.

Attachments

• 2020-03-30 17-59-04.txt
    26.1 KB · Views: 102

Narcogen

Window capture is least performant method in MacOS and frequently flickers.

The workaround is display capture, cropped to a window.

henrycomb

I was having this same problem, and it led me to this thread.

@Narcogen suggestion fixed it for me, thank you.

New to the forum but realise it's the obvious place to work out problems rather than spending hours on youtube tutorials.

TheVoice

New to the forum but realise it's the obvious place to work out problems rather than spending hours on youtube tutorials.
Did you require a dual monitor setup?
When I use display capture I get a bunch of windows repeating and now of them are the zoom screen. I also saw somewhere where they say that will happen when in preview mode. When I turn of Studio Mode the same results. So how do I only view the zoom room in a Display Capture?

henrycomb

Did you require a dual monitor setup?
When I use display capture I get a bunch of windows repeating and now of them are the zoom screen. I also saw somewhere where they say that will happen when in preview mode. When I turn of Studio Mode the same results. So how do I only view the zoom room in a Display Capture?
Sorry, hadn't logged in here in a while, if you're still wondering. Using display capture you need to move obs to one side of the screen and make the Zoom call the other half of the screen, as unlike window capture it doesn't catch it if things are infront. Then double click on the source/title for the video display capture and change the options from the drop down menu, there are usually three different options for Zoom for me.

maikasss

Hi! May I know how did you do it using display capture? One said here, I get a bunch of windows repeating also. How can I capture zoom window alone? Thanks