Question / Help YouTube Live

Well I just got access to my YT LIve feature and I have found out that if you want to stream at different qualities (eg: 240, 360, 480, and 720) that it is impossible. You can only stream at one quality.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I don't know how it works on youtube, but on twitch, the multiple resolution options are referred to as the transcoder feature. the feature is only available for partnered or paid streamers. It works fine with the application currently.

As for youtube though, you may have to find out about that. Also, hope you don't mind but I'm moving this to the questions section

I think I found out the issue.

It seems that the stream name and the rtmp link are all different for each quality. I don't know how Wirecast for YT Live does it but would there be a fix coming for this in the near feature?

Pugget

Twitch
Youtube live requires that the broadcaster create all the transcodes themsevles. I.e., you need enough horsepower and bandwidth to first stream each resolution you want to broadcast to youtube, who then mirrors the streams. Wirecast for YT Live likely does this for you (I don't know, haven't looked), but I'm dubious this is a solution for most streamers, as the bandwidth and CPU overhead is non-trival.