Youtube chat and channel updater

OBS Python Youtube chat and channel updater 0.02

hmeneses

hmeneses submitted a new resource:

Youtube chat and channel update - provides youtube chat and video title for channels

a python script that updates a browser source with the latest youtube chat url, and a text source with the title of the same video, in order to make it work, (or make any python script in obs work) you need python-3.6.0-amd64, or if you want it to download...

Read more about this resource...

PixelPeZ

This seems to be something I've searched for a while, but even after installing lxml, I've gotten this error
"[youtubelink.py] Traceback (most recent call last):
[youtubelink.py] File "C:/--/youtubelink.py", line 4, in <module>
[youtubelink.py] import lxml
[youtubelink.py] ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lxml'"

pip install lxml tells me all is good, so am I missing something super obvious?

Thanks!

hmeneses

i canonly think that you must be pointing tho wrong python version, in command prompt try:
python --version

PixelPeZ

I have version 3.8.5, to which I have also pointed OBS... should I not have updated? I've never really touched any python stuff, so this feels a bit over my head sadly :D

wpr

When I go into tools > scripts in OBS for macOS, I see the python script but it is grayed out. Does this only work on Windows? I have Python 3 installed and I installed lxml via pip3.

wpr

Found the answer already - Python scripting was removed from OBS 26.

wpr

FYI .. there is an update pending that adds Python scripting support back to OBS for macOS. You can see this PR for details. It appears to be included in the OBS Studio 26.2 milestone.

jimpalompa

I'm trying to automatically update a Browser source URL to my current live stream. This script should probably do the job. However I can't get it to work, what am I missing here? Python. 3.10.11 and lxml are installed.

Are there any other ways to achieve this?

See attached images for my properties.

Attachments

• script settings.png
    script settings.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 39
  • browser window settings.png
    browser window settings.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 39

54vanya

I'm trying to automatically update a Browser source URL to my current live stream. This script should probably do the job. However I can't get it to work, what am I missing here? Python. 3.10.11 and lxml are installed.

Are there any other ways to achieve this?

See attached images for my properties.
you have to specify Text source for it, to parse video title, you can just hide it, but script won't work without it.

Works in OBS 30.0.2 with Python 3.11.7 on m1 mac