yellow border around monitor when using display capture

cuvos

whenever using display capture in obs, there is a yellow border around my screen and it is very annoying, how do i get rid of it? i've read some forum posts regarding this and they're all talking about window capture, not display capture.

Attachments

• velcro yellow border.png
    velcro yellow border.png
    885.9 KB · Views: 254

AaronD

It's a similar idea. Windows does that, not OBS, to tell you that *something* is recording that. It's a security/privacy thing on Windows' side. I saw a post once about how to tell Windows not to do that, but I've forgotten it now. At least you know what to google.

As I'm sure you've noticed, that border doesn't appear in the stream or recording.

koala

The yellow border is created by Windows, and on Windows 11 this border is suppressed. It might be it's also suppressed on the current version of Windows 10 (22H2), but I don't know this for sure, since I'm running Windows 11. If you don't run the most recent and most updated Windows 10 version, try updating to 22H2 and see what will happen with the yellow border.

cuvos

The yellow border is created by Windows, and on Windows 11 this border is suppressed. It might be it's also suppressed on the current version of Windows 10 (22H2), but I don't know this for sure, since I'm running Windows 11. If you don't run the most recent and most updated Windows 10 version, try updating to 22H2 and see what will happen with the yellow border.
i've been updated to 22H2 for a while now and the yellow border is still there

Suslik V

Log file may help to find out what is going on.

Edit: OBS not only the single program on your PC that can grab the screen. Yellow border only informs you that the screen/window is captured by some program.

Last edited:

PaiSand

You already have the answer on this thread.
It's up to Microsoft to change this behaviour this as it's their feature.