Question / Help Xbox One Game Chat Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

Hello I'm new to the streaming world and I ran into a issue with my first stream tonight. I have the Elgato HD Game Capture Card. Now my party chat seems to be working great with OBS, but for some reason I cannot get the game chat to work.

The game audio is coming through on twitch just fine and sounds great. I did purchase the Elgato Chat Link cable that allows game chat with the capture card. I have tested the audio out on the capture card while recording and it works good.

I was wondering if theres something in the OBS settings I need to adjust to fix this problem.

By the way this is hooked up to a Xbox one.

Thanks

Roy

Last edited:

Harold

The xbox has the ability to route party chat through HDMI built in to its settings, without the need for the chat link cable.

Roy

The xbox has the ability to route party chat through HDMI built in to its settings, without the need for the chat link cable.

Thanks for responding to my post Harold.

With that being said I understand what you are saying about the party chat, but party chat isn't my problem.

Its the game chat audio. I was playing The Division last night and when I went to the PVP area I switched to game chat.

Problem is OBS and my stream on twitch wasn't picking the game chat up. It will pickup that party chat, but not the game chat.

Last edited:

Roy

Bump

Still Looking for help on this from anyone would be great.

Again Party chat and in game shooting sounds work great.

Just can't get communication between players to work.

Thanks

Roy

At this time a I've got a email out to tech support for Elgato, because that's the capture card I'm using.

With that being said the in game chat works when recording on Elgato so I'm not sure its on there end.

Doll8313

Am I now to understand that party Chat on the XBox One now works with the Elgato without the need for the special cable I had to buy a little while back!? What about my own voice? Do I still need to have a secondary microphone in addition to my Xbox One headset?

Wesley Vance

I'm having the opposite issue. I cannon seem to get my party chat to flow into my stream. Using and Elgato HD60, OBS Classic hooked up to an Xbox One. Does anyone know how to get my party chat sound into my stream?

ThatGirlSlays

Roy, I had the same issue and may have a fix for you, hit me up if you are still having this problem.
hey my friend is having the same problem and I'm trying to help him set it up. He just got an Elgato and the gamechat is not working but game audio and party chat are working. What settings would he change? I don't have this issue personally because I use Astro A40TR for audio.

Roy, I had the same issue and may have a fix for you, hit me up if you are still having this problem.
I'd like to get gamechat to work WITHOUT setting audio for gamechat to "come through TV" because then it's riding the game signal through the capture card and getting picked up, but I have my game audio settings down to 65% so that my voice over is prominent... but then the gamechat audio would also be 65% and not loud enough to hear. Please post your fix.
I saw a neat idea for getting the partychat to work through obs by including a second profile in the party https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JQbYtAk3VU

Status
Not open for further replies.