x265 - Can you do this please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the people that works on the updates on obs change X264 TO X265 so its a lot better and it will make the video file evan smaller than ever please and please make it so you can have a intro at the start of every video automatic please that will make it cool then after have a editing built in please thanks for reading this please do this I think people will like better if you do this my yt channel is <removed>

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Pretty much nothing supports h265 for streaming and the CPU demands are much higher so it isn't a viable option for the vast majority of users. For now if you want to convert your h264 output to h265 then run it through a program like Handbrake afterwards.

AllanDavidson

What about just recording?

Intel QSV (Skylake onwards), Nvidia NVENC (Maxwell onwards) and AMD VCE (Carrizo/Rx 300 onward) do support H265 encoding via hardware.

AllanDavidson

bump! :D

I'm not trying to be annoying, just want to know how possible it is to have record-only x265 support this year.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It is impossible to say how possible it will be. I wouldn't make any plans that rely on it being done in 2016.

There is a ???% chance of it being done this year.

Harold

You know, if youtube actually supported h265 as an input, there might be more motivation to add more direct support for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.