Question / Help Windows User profiles problem

Voldi

Hi there

I would like to create multiple streams from multiple windows user profiles. This is required, because I stream different pages of a website, and that website needs an active windows profile, otherwise, I can't show the site: it requires to get a space press to page down, and I can use a program to do this. This is why I can't use 'browser' source, just 'window capture' source. But the site's window must be active and only one page can be active so I need a lot of windows profile to show a lot of area of that site.
I start streaming, everything okay, but when I switch win profile, the stream freezes.

Is there a way to have multiple streams from multiple windows profile at the same time?

UPDATE
I tried to give Administrator rights to OBS and windows profile also, but it didn't help.

Last edited:

koala

As soon as you switch the Windows user, Windows prevents access to the screen to the now inactive user. It resumes when you switch back.
You could perhaps use a virtual machine where you run your browser in. The screen of this virtual machine, either the console or as rdp session, is what you access with OBS on your streaming machine.

But I don't quite understand why your browser session is dependent from the Windows user. Website authentication is independent from the Windows user. You can always open multiple browser sessions with different logins to the same website at the same time. Use the private/incognito browser windows feature of current browsers: these don't inherit any cookies or logins from any other browser window.

Voldi

I don't think my browser session is dependent, because auto scroll down works in the background (when I switched back I've seen site scrolled down a lot automatically since I switched profile as I planned), just OBS stops streaming for some reason. So just OBS has some problems.

As soon as you switch the Windows user, Windows prevents access to the screen to the now inactive user. It resumes when you switch back.
You could perhaps use a virtual machine where you run your browser in. The screen of this virtual machine, either the console or as rdp session, is what you access with OBS on your streaming machine.

But I don't quite understand why your browser session is dependent from the Windows user. Website authentication is independent from the Windows user. You can always open multiple browser sessions with different logins to the same website at the same time. Use the private/incognito browser windows feature of current browsers: these don't inherit any cookies or logins from any other browser window.