Question / Help WINDOW SIZE

icanswiim70

Hey everyone. I was directed to a forum here that i didn't quite understand (It also appeared to be quite old)

*IF A CURRENT FORUM EXISTS FOR MY QUESTION PLEASE REFER ME THERE*

Here's my question/issue.

I created an overlay for console streaming, and used the standard screen dimensions (1920x1080) which i know gets adjusted to whatever resolution the viewer has (e.g 1280x720)

My issue is, while setting up my overlay, it does not fit the obs screen, it appears to be too short even though it was created with the standard dimensions.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 2.58.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 2.58.47 PM.png
    916 KB · Views: 1,282

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
It would mean the canvas (which is usually based on your primary monitor) is not 16:9. You can change this in File -> Settings -> Video. Note that if you plan on capturing your display, you will either have to use a 16:10 resolution to stream, or risk having to crop part of your screen for it to fit in the canvas. However, as your plan is to stream your console, which will be 16:9, definitely go in and change your OBS video settings to be 1920x1080.

icanswiim70

It would mean the canvas (which is usually based on your primary monitor) is not 16:9. You can change this in File -> Settings -> Video. Note that if you plan on capturing your display, you will either have to use a 16:10 resolution to stream, or risk having to crop part of your screen for it to fit in the canvas. However, as your plan is to stream your console, which will be 16:9, definitely go in and change your OBS video settings to be 1920x1080.

That was the issue, screen looks great now!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 10.20.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 10.20.52 AM.png
    394 KB · Views: 721

GetWrekdGaming

Okay I did have the same issue, and everything you did fixed it, BUT it did crop my screen as well as I am on PC, what is the way to fix the cropped screen?