Bug Report Wierd SC 2 Stuttering Problem

forsakeNXE

Hey guys, hey Jim!

I have a very, very weird problem with obs.

To tell my story:

I am streaming SC2 for several weeks without any issues at all.

I recently opened an old replay file pre patch 1.5 which resettet my setings to default (i am playing on low but it resettet it to extreme etc.). After that i got "Stuttering" in game. The best way to describe it is if you play with like 30 fps capped on a 120 hz monitor. It's not fluently at all.

I had this problem right after Patch 1.5 arrived and i solved it by completly manually deleting sc2 and all folders created by the game, redownloading and reinstalling it all over again.

That helped here too! The stuttering was gone and i had an absolutly smooth experience.

So i decided to hopp on my Stream again and right after i turned the stream on (at least I think it was either turning the stream on or starting obs again, i did it all at at once) I had this horrible stuttering issue again!

So i decided to turn it off again and close obs but it was still there! Even after closing and restarting sc2 without even touching obs it remains in the game.

I have solid 200+ fps ingame and vsync on/off do not matter. All obs settings are untouched from previous streamimg sessions.

I have absolutly no clue why obs would bring such a problem back which was originally introduced by an old replay and had nothing to do with obs (i was not even streaming or had obs open while watching the replay...).

Hope you guys can help me with this one cause i have no idea at all...

Thanks!

Edit:

Alright so i just had a look at my cou load and i found out that one core almost gets used to it's limit now (even with obs closed etc.)

looks like this:
cpu.png

Is there any possible way that obs somehow assigns cores to other applications like sc2 or something else that could cause this problem?

Edit2:
Alright after restarting my pc it's alot better now even when streaming but i still get hic-ups occasionally :/

Rig: ir-750 @3,4 GHZ
gtx 570
8gb DDR 3 Ram
win 7 64x

Streaming settings:
510 kb/s up
510 kb/s buffer
10 quality
96 sound bitrate

960x 540 @ 1920*1080 @ 25 fps

veryfast

Internet:
1 mb up
3,5mb down
25ms ping @ frankfurt ger

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
My main application itself actually uses little CPU -- it's mostly the encoder. You could always try a custom x264 setting like threads=4 or something to prevent it from using all 8 of your logical cores, but it shouldn't be using much CPU anyway, so.. hmm, weird. Not sure what's up.