Why Mantle is godesend for people who stream using 1 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazze

Boildown said:
See that's the thing. For those games being built for AMD graphics on either new console, and then ported to the PC, there isn't much additional effort for the gain. I'll see your point for PC-original games, if it really takes a lot of additional work.

You are severely underestimating the effort it will take to port games from the new consoles even though they are of the same architecture as PC. Just because the architecture is the same doesn't mean it will be easier to port the games. Mantle is also not supported on the Xbox One, so that is yet another bump in the road.
The original Xbox used DirectX (and had a x86 CPU), but that didn't make porting easier. If it really was easy to port games from the new consoles, then porting games from the Xbox One to the PC would make more sense than Mantle anyways. Since it uses DirectX, they could just port it and be over with it, and at the same time have a larger user base because DirectX is supported by all hardware (and save money because they don't need to implement Mantle).

UberDragon

Is this thread actually leading anywhere? Jim already stated he'll try to implement it as soon as its possible, all other content in this thread is just about whether or not mantle 'rulez' and will revolutionize the gaming world. I'm very certain that at this point any speculation about this is pretty pointless.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
No, it's not. The OP was attempting to persuade Jim that Mantle capture support should be a priority, and Jim has stated that he intends to add support for it once AMD releases an SDK. Everything else has been pointless arguing. I'm locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.