Why is OBS not recording my full gameplays?

KIP99

So I recently just got over an error code 0xc00d36c4 I was recently dealing with. I finally am able to start recording gameplays and stuff, then all of a sudden it won't even record the full thing. I recorded about 23 minutes of gameplay and when I went back, remuxed it, it only came out to 8 minutes of footage. It's a good computer and the micro sd card has 16 GBs of space so I don't think it's a memory issue at all. Maybe it's the OBS settings or something, but now it's just frustrating me because it feels like I keep going one step forward one step back. I also don't know how to post logs either, but if anything I could take pictures of my settings and show you how everything is set up.

If you could help in any way possible it would truly mean the world to me. I just want to grind and do my YouTube videos but I keep on getting restricted. I swear it feels like the universe does not want me to win or something.

qhobbes

1. Does this happen when recording to the main drive?
2. Try playing the remuxed file in VLC and see if that makes a difference. If not, trey remuxing the file with VLC.

KIP99

2. Try playing the remuxed file in VLC and see if that makes a difference. If not, trey remuxing the file with VLC.
Umm what do you mean in terms of recording to the main drive? Like using the default storage space on the computer rather the micro sd? And I tried using VLC but it was just laggy and put viruses on my computer. Is there any other ways you might possibly know off the top of your head. I was also literally just doing some test runs as well, and I recorded a 25 minutes video and only 2 minutes of footage came out of it. I also recorded another 22 minute video and only 1 minute of footage came out of it. I have absolutely no idea why it's just not recording the entire thing.

KIP99

And I actually fixed up VLC and downloaded it. It shows the same exact footage there that was recorded. I'm not having an issue with opening the videos and stuff, it's more the fact that it isn't recording the full thing. My 25 minute recording should come out to 25 minutes but for some reason when its finished and I rewatch it, it only comes out to 8:32.