Why does nvenc encoder use so much storage

FerretBomb

@Zipibu Apologies and that was not my intention. However, you can use CBR for local recordings, no harm in doing so and if you need to target a specific file size per hour etc CBR will help you achieve this, there will be compromises in quality and we could go on about pedantic issues associated with CBR. Don't be afraid to experiment and see what works for you.
Yep, just like you can use a bullet as a replacement for a fuse. Works fine, until it doesn't.
Susceptible, again, to both bitrate choke on high-complexity, and massive wastage on low-complexity video. Truly the worst option, and should not be used.
But it is your foot, and your gun. If you want to mix the two, that is your business. Just please don't encourage others to make your mistakes.

R@de

Yep, just like you can use a bullet as a replacement for a fuse. Works fine, until it doesn't.
Susceptible, again, to both bitrate choke on high-complexity, and massive wastage on low-complexity video. Truly the worst option, and should not be used.
But it is your foot, and your gun. If you want to mix the two, that is your business. Just please don't encourage others to make your mistakes.
I am only guilty of encouraging others to experiment and see what works best for them. That has been my prevalent message throughout my posts.